The TrekEarth Forums

The TrekEarth Forums (https://www.trekearth.com/forums/index.php)
-   Announcements (https://www.trekearth.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Workshop Ratings Now Available (https://www.trekearth.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1053)

adam 07-17-2003 11:07 AM

Workshop Ratings Now Available

In order to recognize the many thoughtful workshop images members have been posting, it is now possible to rate workshops. Unlike critique ratings, workshop ratings may only be rated 'useful' or the default, 'neutral'. Also, members who rate a workshop useful will have their name displayed in the 'Ratings' section of the workshop photo.

In addition, any member who achieves a workshop rating of 10 or higher will have a silver square icon displayed next to their name, or a gold square for 50 points or more. This icon will be combined with the critique rating icon by the way.

If there are any problems, please let me know. Thanks.

Porteplume 07-17-2003 02:09 PM

Re: Workshop Ratings Now Available

Bonjour Adam,

WorkShop is a wonderful tool! I liked it from the first day on TE. And I know I've learned a lot of "WorkShop Artists" as Adrian & Bob & many others... And I've fun myself trying to make minimal corrections as cropping, levelling, adjusting brightness & contast which can make such a HUGE difference!

And this morning I have "played" a little with the new "WorkShop Rating". Merci pour tout!

Amicalement - Viviane

Porteplume 07-17-2003 03:18 PM

How to know...

PS: I just discovered I got a "Useful" mention on one of my WS by clicking on the "Star Critiquer" but how to know which WS has got it?

Greetings - Viviane

adam 07-17-2003 06:00 PM

Re: How to know...

"I just discovered I got a "Useful" mention on one of my WS by clicking on the "Star Critiquer" but how to know which WS has got it?"

Hmm, I'm going to have to add this information in somewhere. Thanks for letting me know about this.

mdchachi 07-17-2003 07:17 PM

I wonder if you should disable ratings for workshops posted by the original poster. Usually that's done to show the results of other people's ideas or to ask opinions.

adam 07-17-2003 07:39 PM

"I wonder if you should disable ratings for workshops posted by the original poster."

Yes, I'm going to do this, thanks.

ninadev 07-17-2003 09:04 PM

Great ! When clicking on "useful" in a Worshop and then going in Discussion to give my opinion there was this message.

Mike 07-17-2003 09:07 PM

I'm getting a server page appear, though it still adds the points!

greg 07-18-2003 02:20 AM

That's a nice feature. I had been thinking it might be interesting to add workshops to the main page - now you have a mechanism to choose them!

One more idea - how about showing the statistics relating to critiques/workshops in the yellow box when you hover over the star, instead of bringing up a new window?

p.s. thanks to Viviane for rating some of my WS already!

AdrianW 07-18-2003 03:45 AM

Excellent idea Adam! I've noticed something though, when I start a thread in the Forums my star has its nice frame, but when I post within a thread the messages don't - I just get a gold star (no frame). Is this by design?