The TrekEarth Forums

The TrekEarth Forums (
-   Tips-Techniques (
-   -   How can I do a trick in Photoshop? (

Xalkida 08-08-2005 06:12 PM

How can I do a trick in Photoshop?
Hi to all. Hope to be ok.

I want to make a somewhat simple trick at photoshop: I want to fade an image into another one to make one from two of them! I don't want just to stick them together, I want the 1st to fade into the second. I don't have any example picture right now but I can find.

Any ideas? it's a common technique but I don't know how to do it.

Any help would be ok.

Thanks in advanced

bikram 08-08-2005 07:05 PM

Re: How can I do a trick in Photoshop?
Hi Mpampis,
I don't understand what you exactly want but if you want something like I did in here ( you'll have to resort to masking. In photoshop you can add mask to any layer and then mask out certain areas for the underlayer to show through it. You can also unmask the masked part if you want a correction. If u need more clarification or a detailed instruction feel free to mail me at


AdrianW 08-09-2005 03:14 AM

Re: How can I do a trick in Photoshop?
If you're trying to make a linear fade from one image to another, you'll need to create a clipping mask. There's a useful tutorial on that <a href="" target="_blank">here</a>

Obviously you can use a similar technique to do more complex merges too.

If you're trying to map one image to another so that the features merge as well, that's more complex. You might be able to do it with a panorama stitching package, but your best bet would be some kind of image morphing software :)

Hope that helps!


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:43 AM.

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.