The TrekEarth Forums - View Single Post - To macjake: Trinidad from Havana
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2013, 08:51 PM
TE Newbie

Default To macjake: Trinidad from Havana

Hello Craig. I'm afraid I don't have useful tips for you. I was in a all-inclusive resort for a week with my 20 yo daughter (unusual type of travel for me; first time in my life) and we went to Trinidad for a day with a tour. My other daughter and friends went for a longer period a couple of years ago and they managed to travel around by car. Not sure it's a good idea but possible (I read about a Canadian stuck in Cuba for weeks after an accident with injured Cubans). I also visited Trinidad at the end of 1990! Difficult period for them at that time. Communism collapsing in Europe and no more help and oil from USSR. At that time, we went from Havana to Trinidad by plane, an old DC3 (you would have enjoyed!), for a day. They picked us up early at the hotel and brought us back late at night. The plane waited for us (8-9 persons) all day in Trinidad! 55 $us, light lunch, cocktail, live music, visit at a cigar factory (no more possible I think) and excursion at a nearby beach included. That was quite much for the money! Of course prices have changed, but perhaps can you find something similar or find a way to go by yourself. You can stay in privately owned b&b now, something impossible at that time. Have a nice trip. Claude.

Last edited by cebe; 11-12-2013 at 08:58 PM.