Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 06-09-2009, 08:19 PM
TE Expert

Default Re: No protection on TE?

Dear Mpampis…
Please, accept the assurance from an old dog…
Nothing can ruin your photos… And, I mean NOTHING! These complaints were probably from the number of the outstanding critics as well as great photographers on the site.
You shouldn't pay attention to them whatsoever.
In my humble opinion - the more of a watermark you applied to your photos the better for your photos and for the rest of us.
It's a pity the administration and Adam himself didn't listen to you…
Who the hell they think they are ?
You told them to apply the watermark to every photo on TE and they didn't…!
Those baaastards… They never listen…!
There was a member who suggested to limit the size of the uploaded photos to 400 x 400 and 150 kb. altogether, and guess what …?

They didn't listen to him as well… Out of sheer hatred toward us - they increased the size to 300kb !

Ugh… I'm going to delete all of my photos…
My finger just trembles from the anticipation…

Mpampis.. I'm with you on this, brother...

Old 06-10-2009, 07:09 AM
TE Expert

Hi,

I don't know which is your relation with TE admin team but I think that your reply is somewhat ironic to me. If you don't agree with my opinion about an automatic watermark on our photos (it's just software matter) you can propose yours. Anyway, I don't like the game of dog and cat between the members of this site and the stealers. There are many members that they suffered from this. If you don't have any problem about stealing your photos, it's your problem.

Whatever you agree with me or not, that's my opinion that I expressed it from the first days I registered to this site.

BTW, I supose I must wait from your site to delete all your photos! :)
Old 06-10-2009, 07:18 AM
TE Expert

Mpampis, friends..
Some time ago, TE create a big discussion trying to get the resale rights. They did it again a few days ago. So they did twice! Considering this, do you really think that they care about the photographer's rights? We all have our photos stolen every day and what? They want the resale rights... bahhh. Peter has deleted his galery today, some others did it yesterday and I am beggining this sad operation as well, looking for another good place to be in touch with people like you.
Cheers,
Zeca
Old 06-10-2009, 08:04 AM
TE Expert

Hi Zeca,

I was away from TE due family and business matters for about almost 2 years and I missed some important things.

That's sad that you decide to delete your gallery. TE is a great place and I made dozens of new friends here. Maybe I will delete my gallery too and upload the same photos again but with a big watermark on the center of each image. If TE don't want to protect us, we must do something to self-protect. I suggest to you and the other members which want to leave, to delete your galleries and to upload again your images with a big watermark, whatever are the negative comments regarding this action.

Be well
Mpampis
Old 06-10-2009, 08:15 AM
TE Expert

Thanks for the suggestion, Mpampis. Its maybe the better way to go. I am really sad about the way things has changing here. I think I will keep a few posts just to keep in touch with some friends, also posting, but always deleting, till we have another nice place to go. There are some people that already quit, some others are decided to delete, but there are people creating a new site... so lets wait and keep in touch.
All the best,
Zeca