Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great ChrisJ 2019-02-03 0:11

Hello Jorge

I've never heard of Brazilian wine. I wonder what it's like? Chile has some of the market in Europe for wine. Good sharpness and the solitary person animates the scene. Tfs!

Old 02-03-2019, 07:51 AM
TE Expert

Default To ChrisJ: Brazilian wine

chris

Once I told about our wines to a british guy and he laughed, as that was impossible.
of course wines of chile and argentina are much more famous and they have more tradition and better areas for production.
anyway the best regions for production of special wine in brazil are located in rio grande do sul state and the edges of the são francisco river, in the driest area of brazil.*
the highlands of rio grande do sul state had a special tradition for producing wine brought by the italian immigrants, but in these last decades it was discovered that flat regions in the borderline with uruguay was much better because it wasn't so rainy like the mountain ranges.
yes, we have good wines for taste, but probably you won't face them in a supermarket anywhere, I never saw australian wines too.
at same time I read somewhere that or champagne was elected one of the best in the world recently.

take care

jorge
Old 02-04-2019, 04:02 AM
TE Expert

Default Wine & Steak

Hi Jorge

I saw Chile and Argentina wines on sale at restaurants in Romania & Bulgaria as well as steak from Uruguay, Argentina and Australia. And wine from Australia is exported to the UK, & is readily accepted in preference to French wine which is 3 times or more dearer and only marginally better. And yes, Tasmanian champagne (we have to call it sparkling wine in deference to the French who get touchy when their product from Champagne is called champagne when it is not grown there) won an international award recently for best champagne / sparkling wine. And yes, wine is grown in sunny Queensland with similar weather to Brasil, BUT in areas above 1000 metres with 4 seasons. Brisbane on the coast only has 2 seasons. A hot wet summer and a cool dry winter.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-04-...chmark/9618310