Ways to improve Trek Earth - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 05-09-2007, 07:27 PM
TE Newbie

Default Ways to improve Trek Earth

Hi,
I was looking for a way to give feedback on how trek earth could be improved and could not find any so I'll post it here.

I would like a way to go through the photos in a slideshow format so that I can see them in succession without going back to the thumbnails every time.

-Naoto
Old 05-11-2007, 03:56 PM
TE Expert

Default Re: Ways to improve Trek Earth

I've been thinking about this - actually i disagree and agree - some apsects I feel would be better not available through slide viewing because it speeds up our looking all over again and one of the special things about this site is, even with the volume of new work - the amount of time that people do take to stop and look and take notice of and comment on work.

On the other hand having a 'daily slideshow' might help us connect with images we might not otherwise see - and it colud be done sans names so there is a 'pure' connection with the image......also to arrange our own work into slide shows - as per theme would be an interesting option ....but I seem to remember Adam saying there was some problem with all of this related to technical issues, paying for bandwidth or somesuch........but if the daily slideshow were just thumbnails then maybe no problem!? - I can hear you all saying - just go from page to page you lazy so and so........but just sitting back and watching instead of clicking has a different feel to it.....

Or just the odd access of a thematic gallery then maybe not so much of a problem....
Old 05-11-2007, 07:12 PM
TE Junior Member

Default Re: Ways to improve Trek Earth

I have a couple of other suggestions...
First, there should be a "go to page" option instead of having to click endlessly on 5, 10, etc. to go to page 77 for example.
Second, I've always been saying that unused accounts should be deleted. Also, the database should be cleaned. Maybe more photos that violate the TOS should be deleted to. At least the ones that don't show something specific and have no note. I don't know much about computers, but maybe that would make the website a bit faster, or at least less "crowded".
Finally, I know it has been discussed before, but I think the background color should be changed. The ... ... whatever the background color is ... is not very photo-friendly.

Cheers