Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 12-27-2015, 06:16 PM
TE Expert

Exclamation PROBLEM: Photo info and EXIF DATA

Hi it's impossible to write the photo info when I post a picture
Shutter Speed: F-Stop:
Old 12-27-2015, 08:18 PM

I don't know if Monday 28th December is a normal working day in the USA. It may not be until late on Tuesday that this forum is checked for the first time after the Christmas holiday.
Old 12-27-2015, 10:11 PM

There are presently many bugs, and the absence of EXIF data is one of them, Didi.
Old 12-30-2015, 07:02 PM
Administrator

Is anyone still having this problem? I attempted to edit my test photo today and all the drop-down menus appeared to be working.
Old 12-30-2015, 10:11 PM

Joel, I just uploaded a photo and while the EXIF data appeared while I was putting in the details and note, once it had been uploaded the EXIF data failed to appear. Not only that, but if I select to 'Edit' the photo, there is no EXIF data showing in the Edit screen.

Checking all the photos which immediately preceded my upload on the same gallery page, NONE of those photos showed any EXIF data either. And this one - http://www.trekearth.com/gallery/photo1509488.htm - showed in the 'Photo Information' box this strange information: "Exposure: f/0.1"!!! No lens on the market, surely, can open the aperture that wide!

While I was adding the photographic information and note to my photo, I noticed that where Shutter speed and Aperture could be entered manually, the drop-down list featured dozens of very weird numbers which bore no relation to reality. I wonder if the "f/0.1" came from that list. I think Didi was referring to those drop-downs for his opening post in the thread.

There is something seriously wrong with the EXIF data/Photo Information side of the process.

NB: Didi, I've altered the title of this thread to include 'EXIF DATA'.

Last edited by macondo; 12-30-2015 at 10:15 PM. Reason: More accurate information
Old 12-31-2015, 07:32 PM
Administrator

Macondo, what operating system and browser are you using? I'm using Chrome on a Windows machine, but I'm having no trouble with EXIF data showing up in the right info box, once I publish the photo, or after I edit it.
Old 01-25-2016, 06:32 PM
TE Senior Member

Default Informations sur la photo

Bonjour ou bonsoir à tous
Je viens de m'apercevoir que que la vitesse d'obturation et la valeur du diaphragme (exposition,exposure) n'apparaissent dans les informations sur la photo.
Un problème d'exifs ?
Cela m'agace.
Amicalement
Gildas
Old 01-26-2016, 01:04 PM
TE Junior Member

Oui Gildas, un bug sur le site toujours pas résolu après un mois ...
Old 01-26-2016, 06:04 PM
Administrator

Hey guys, as much as I do appreciate the chance pratiquer mon Francais, if you are reporting more problems, please use English so I can try to sort it out as quickly as possible. If you're just speaking amongst yourselves, you can disregard this message.

Didi, I got the screen grabs you sent IBobi, I'm looking at them now.
Old 02-14-2016, 09:02 AM
TE Senior Member

Default EXIF data

As of 14/02/16, this problem still hasn't been fixed. I echo Macondo's comment that issues of this sort are driving punters away from this site. It's been a problem since well before Christmas, so upwards of 3 months now. Is anyone out there interested??

Will