To batalay: Amazing composition ! - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great batalay 2008-11-26 9:22

Hello Janos,

I am surprised there are still leaves on the trees in Ontario. The composition is excellent, as are the colors and resolution. The road signs in yellow and black enhance the image, and add a certain mystique to the photo. The one in the distance, mimicking the colors of the trees, places "a break" in the vertical line. That pole appears to be leaning, which you might think of rotating clockwise slightly (1-2° would work).

Warm regards,

Bulent

Old 11-26-2008, 08:55 PM
TE Expert

Default To batalay: Amazing composition !

" The composition is excellent, "
I second that opinion, prof. Atalay. It really is a stunning composition. Sometimes you wonder: Is this even possible to achieve such level of composition ?

"" The road signs add a certain mystique ""
In this case I'll be more than happy to help to clarify the mysticism of those wonderful road sign ( what a great idea to insert those into this composition)...
OK...One is : The road is getting narrower, and the other one: The speed limit is 30km.per hour. Both of them play the crucial role in traffic regulations in the city of Scarborough...Usually are painted yellow (idea based (possibly) on our very own idea of the yellow monkies with no points attached to it.

" That Pole appears to be leaning slightly ""

Yes... Yes professore... I've got the hint... I know of whom you are referring to...
It was no more than a case of Molson Blue shared with the other Pole...
Big deal... For the guys like us it's nothn' !
Please, restrain from the personal excursions into someone else life, OK ?

Other than that - I entirely support your deep analyze of this so incredibly charming yet so unique composition.
It's a great contribution of the most importance to the rest of 25476 autumn compositions uploaded to TE this month ...

Respect for both of you, gentlemen...

Truly yours

george
Old 11-26-2008, 09:03 PM
Banned

Default Re: To batalay: Amazing composition !

Oh yeah ! Just what I need, some mysticism, enrobed by beautiful autumn leaves and a Pole :-)

Incredible, the level of some critiques. - 2.

Sincerely yours, Professor.
Michèle
Old 11-26-2008, 10:52 PM
TE Senior Member

Default Re: To Polonaise......

Of course everyone must realize that Georgie Porgie, our professional and resident Pole hates landscapes and nature... His style is capturing unappetizing
unwashed characters in their true natural idiom (like giving 'up yours' - or in Hungarian the
'lofas' signs). It's meant for you, Bud, to Clear the Saloon, as Victor Borge referred to Clair de Lune.
There is a saying in Hungarian: 'those who mingle with pigs will be eaten by pigs'. Not that I have anything against pigs. they are very intelligent animals, unlike Mr. George after a few drinks.
Affectionately, as ever,
Your friend Janos
Old 06-12-2009, 05:59 PM
TE Expert

Unfortunately, it's impossible to give a green monkey for a discussion ;))
Old 06-12-2009, 06:32 PM
Banned

o))))

I am visualizing the green monkey !

It's good to have a laugh ;-)
Old 06-12-2009, 06:48 PM
TE Expert

Default Polonaise's women smile...

Janos, buddy-pal, accidentally, I just had the opportunity to read your old porky discussion thread here in which you slam Polonaise, his photographic style and his subjects.

I think no one can accuse me of being a nature and landscape hater; so I think, I should am "qualified" to express a counter-opinion to your one sided one about George.

Look carefully through his galleries; forget the beggars for the time being; look at the women, women he has randomly met in a street... What do you notice? Absolute majority of them are gifting George the most wonderful, sincere(!) and natural smile in all kinds of random encounter situations. Think on it, buddy pal, think...

When was the last time YOU got a smile out of a woman you met on the street at random? When was the last time you managed to capture that smile on camera?

Regards,
Kristaps

p.s. as to this particular photo, despite me NOT hating landscapes, I would not have even opened its thumbnail unless Michele kindly had not pointed me to this discussion.
Old 06-12-2009, 07:32 PM
Banned

Default Re: Polonaise's women smile...

That's what I call hitting the nail on its head, Kristaps.

The women's smiles to Polonaise.... Even those who never saw him, even those smile! At the photographs, at the notes, at the humanity shown...

When I think that there are people who reproach him to be "preferred" mostly by women etc...(it's been males who have uttered this), well pure jealousy I'd say ;-).

Thanks, :)
M.