To phwall: Your boat - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great phwall 2011-05-06 1:20

My Dear Harriet,
So nice to see you. What a picturesque little anchorage, I love the plastic chairs strewn about. One of the good things about boating is sitting around at the end of the day talking to fellow boaties about how much fun you had on the water.
I've had my boat for twenty years, in fact I built it in my front yard so I know about the costs involved especially when you are feeding diesel fuel into two 500hp Caterpillar engines. Ah, but you can't take it with you.
I'll post a shot of my boat in Workshop for you.

I hope you have a lovely weekend coming up.

All my best wishes
Peter

Old 05-06-2011, 08:44 AM
TE Senior Member

Default To phwall: Your boat

Dear Peter,
thanks for your kind word and for the photo in WS. The boat suits you very well!
Have a nice weekend!
Kindest regards
Harriet
Old 05-06-2011, 10:50 AM
TE Senior Member

Default Removed

My Dear Harriet,
I've removed the workshop photograph of my boat from your post, I'd hate you to think I was that shallow

Best wishes

Peter
Old 05-07-2011, 03:18 PM
TE Senior Member

Default Feeling awful

Dear Peter,
I feel awful about the deleted photo in WS and I kindly ask you to consider that English isnít my mother tongue. If I offended you, I apologize!
I feel like Lech Walesa who said to Margaret Thatcher during a meeting: "I think I have to take lessons to polish my English." Thatcher: "I think your English is polish enough."
Warmest regards
Harriet
Old 05-07-2011, 10:30 PM
TE Senior Member

Default No Apologies necessary

My Dear Harriet,
There is nothing you could say that would offend me, I think you are a marvelous person with a heart of pure gold. An apology from you would never be necessary.
I removed the WS because on reflection it seemed a bit too much of a "boast" to upload the picture of my boat. I only did it because I know how much you like boats and I wanted to show you my pride and joy. Here in Australia we are very careful not to flaunt our trinkets, and when I looked at it, to me, it was, "look what I've got" and that isn't in my nature, so down it came.

That is a marvelous quote from 'The Iron Lady", very funny. Not too funny if you were Lech Walesa though.

Have a wonderful day.

All my very best wishes

Peter
Old 05-08-2011, 04:56 PM
TE Senior Member

Default I am relieved

Thank you, Peter!
I wish you a pleasant week.
Kindest regards
Harriet