Sigma 70-200 f2.8 APO HSM - Page 2 - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 12-12-2004, 02:47 PM
TE Expert

Default Re: Sigma 70-200 f2.8 APO HSM

Hi Curtis:

You are still one of the nicest and kindest persons I have met here on TE, and this is a proof of that again!

Thanks at first for hte information, surely I have read the info, and I decided to wait a little bit more. I have tested the SIGMA and Canon lenses and I liked the Canon (at my price range).

I may purchase the Canon next week, I chose the 70-200. It fits my pocket and range aspirations now. For a period of time I will be happy. I do not know how long will this be...hahaha.

Un abrazo mi amigo!

K.
Old 12-19-2004, 04:37 PM
TE Expert

Default thanks

I purchased finall the tele I could afford...

I went to the shop and before purchasing I tested "everything" thye had in stock...There were lenses ranging from 100USD up to 2000USD...

I was a child playing with expensive toys...and finally I chose the 28mm-200mm from Canon, the SIGMA lenses were not the same as the Canon and I though (personally) it is better to spend a little bit more in glass and to have more reliability...As a comment when I first attached a SIGMA lens to my REBEL I read en ERROR 99 message on the display...so that was the first warning...

Also, CANON gives you a warranty, and it is supposed to be better to have the complete set from CANON, I mean the camera plus the lens.

But of course this may vary from region to region, and also according to the price range of the lens involved. The SIGMA lenses I could afford were not as good as CANON, but I know there are very good products coming from SIGMA that deserve better words than mine.

Abyway, I am quite happy now, thanks everyone, specially to Curtis which gave me the links.

Un abrazo a todos!

K.