To pauloog: Cropping - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great siamesa 2009-08-29 5:38

Olá Isabel

Essa experiência incrível eu nunca tive por aí. Achei maravilhosa e te pergunto: e os mosquitos e carapanãs?e o sono nas redes? gostaram?
quanto à foto adorei com esse ar meio misterioso que esse lugar tem à noitinha.
Abraços
maria

Old 09-01-2009, 08:58 PM
TE Newbie

Default To pauloog: Cropping

Paul,

Thank you, first and foremost, for your constructive critique!

You raise a very interesting point about cropping the top of the picture to make the image stronger. I have also considered this modification, but I inevitably end up going back and forth with the cropping. I am inclined to believe that cutting out most of the sky would allow the viewer to really "step into the scene" and get lost in the kaleidoscope of color and activity (much as I did when I visited the market in person). But without the sky, I feel the hive of people and color creates an almost claustrophobic experience. My impression is that the sky creates an "open air" feeling that allows the viewer a little more distance to observe what is going on.

Your suggestion has, however, caused me to experiment with cropping once again and reconsider the effect that the modification would have on the image and the viewer's experience. I appreciate your consideration, your desire and ability to constructively suggest improvement, and your talented eye. Feedback like yours is one of the reasons I have so much respect for the TrekEarth community.

Warmest regards,

Brian D.