To mirosu: MS Athena - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great delpeoples 2012-06-08 20:43

Gidday Matt

For a moment there I got all excited and thought your were here in Oz! Just aswell, cos if you hadn;t told me you were here, I was ready to hunt you down :) Anyway, a photo of a place just as beautiful as my hometown. You really are a master of the Blue Hour. It's perfectly well-exposed, although looks slightly dark on my monitor (I prefer darker exposures). The sharpness of the boats is excellent and I like the way you have divided the frame in to perfect Thirds. Nice work, a really atmospheric and tranquil image.

Bonne amities
Lisa

Old 06-09-2012, 12:22 PM
TE Junior Member

Smile To mirosu: MS Athena

Thank you Miro for the constructive comments but I disagree with you about the straightness of the image. I know it appears to be on a tilt but if you look at the crane in the centre the uprights are just that as are most of the masts in the foreground.
I do agree with you about the ships rear being cut out but I could not do much about this as there is a pier and dock house of some kind just to the right of the image which blocked the view and I was unable to get around it unless I was a passenger on the Athena.
I will put a couple of posts in the workshop which show this from different angles