To annjackman: Walking....... - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Good yquem46 2014-03-14 9:20

hi Leslie
A good b&w shot well composed
But honestly I'm really puzzled with the lines in the sky. What can that be !? Have you some explanation ?
Best regards, all the best for the WE
patrick

Old 03-30-2014, 11:49 AM
TE Expert

Default To annjackman: Walking.......

Hi Ann,

Thank you for your kind remarks about this one. And nice to see you safely back home after what must have been a wonderful trip to the Arctic!

Yes, this was taken with Yvonne's little Canon G10 (I think Dave has a G series camera too - a G12 perhaps?) which is a lot lighter to carry than my big heavy lump of a DSLR. It's a fine little camera but it's hopeless in low light, pictures taken at anything above ISO 400 being incredibly noisy.

I've taken up going out with a group of chaps from the camera club for walks most Wednesdays. Unfortunately these particular chaps are not all that keen on taking photographs, more just going out for the walk, but it's been good fun and I suppose helps keep me a little fitter. Hasn't done a great deal to reduce my fat belly though! Our "leader" (who is the guy nearest to the bothy in this picture) was 84 last week and really walks the rest of us off our feet - usually when we're just about a mile or so from getting back to the car he'll suddenly decide to take another more interesting, steeper and more perilous detour to extend the walk by an extra mile or two! A brilliant and delightful chap he is too.

Best Wishes,

John.