uploading jpg photos bug ? - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 10-30-2009, 11:31 PM
TE Senior Member

Default uploading jpg photos bug ?

I tried 2-3 times to upload some of my photos which are in jpg format but it doesn't work, there is always a message saying that only jpg photos are allowed. I thought that maybe it was because they were HDR processed pics, but I did post somes previously that were HDR and had no problem. Help me someone !!!
Old 10-30-2009, 11:58 PM
TE Expert

Default Re: uploading jpg photos bug ?

I have never experienced such problems, but this is a recurrent subject of the forums. There are a number of variations in the JPG format and it appears TE doesn't accept all of them. I suggest you take a careful look at the options on saving or exporting JPG's with the software you use and you'll eventually find one set of options that is accepted by TE.
Old 10-31-2009, 01:07 AM
TE Senior Member

This is very disturbing, when I posted regularly on TE at it's begining everything worked fine. I just tried to upload a normal standard jpg photo as generated by my Nikon d300, that I only processed for levels in PS CS2. Saved it both first the JPG extension and then JPEG extension (as indicated on the upload page as the format accepted) and it still doesn't work. And I have no other type of jpg that I can save it in CS2...
Old 10-31-2009, 03:24 AM
TE Expert

Hi Nina,
I know JPG and JPEG are the same thing, but maybe a four character extension is not accepted by TE. Did you say you had tried both and it still doesn't work?
Very strange!!!
Docarmo
Old 10-31-2009, 10:16 AM
TE Expert

Have you recently installed Nikon's software Capture NX? I had the same problem some time ago. I don't remember the exact details but at some point in the installation process you are invited to tick which formats you want associated wwith the program. If you tick jpeg all your jpeg files are tagged and TE somehow won't recognise them. The only way I got it working again was to to uninstall Capture NX and do a system restore back to the date before I installed the program. When re-installing be sure to only tick NEF files for association.
Hope this helps
Kath
Old 10-31-2009, 01:03 PM
TE Senior Member

Thank you so much Kath.. this was the problem. I indeed installed Capture NX a few weeks ago, for the first time since I own Nikon cameras some 5 or 6 years ago. I would have never in a life time thought of this software as causing such a problem since I didn't even use it to process the pics I uploaded since on TE, but maybe I opened it once to look at some recent photos. In fact I won't reinstall it, I don't like the way it works.