What are your lists? - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 11-04-2004, 11:14 AM
TE Newbie

Default What are your lists?

I have not been able to engage with TE for a few months becasue I have been busy with a new job, but I have posted and critiqued here and there. Now I am back with more time to browse I am overwhelemed by all the photos on the site and don't know where to start. I think I am going to have to build some lists, so I was just wondering - what are in YOUR lists?

Cheers

Tim
Old 11-04-2004, 12:10 PM
TE Junior Member

Default Re: What are your lists?

I dont have a list yet. When I am back on TE after a break, I first go through the pics posted by my favourites (by clicking that link on my Intro page). Maybe you could do that too? :)
Old 11-04-2004, 12:59 PM

I'm not using them either. I just look at the current page, and see if there's anything interesting :)
Old 11-04-2004, 04:01 PM
TE Newbie

I've got a list for people who travel widely, to a lot of places or to the type of places I might want to go. Any grouping of people could be interesting to create a list for: people who write good comments with workshops they do, people who seem enthusiastic even if they're pictures aren't candidates for your favourites, artistic compositions, people who photograph cars/trains/whatever a lot.
Old 11-04-2004, 06:05 PM
TE Expert

I think lists are the coolest feature implemented recently in TE! I find them really useful, particularly because once you are logged in they are available by a simple click from any page (unlike the favourite list).

Personnaly, I use them as thematic favourite lists, grouping people that do mostly pictures related to a theme that I like (for instance : "boats and seascapes", or "playing with light and lines"), and I have also a "diverse" list where I put mostly newcomers that have posted a couple of picture that I like, to see what will happen to them on TE. To feed that list I try to browse the general gallery as often as possible.

What's great with the list system is that people can use them in very different ways.
Old 11-04-2004, 07:17 PM
TE Senior Member

A lot of good ideas from you Sophie. I have not started to use them but was sort of thinking of. Thanks for the input!