Fuji S 7000 or Canon G 6??? - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 11-19-2004, 12:57 PM
TE Junior Member

Default Fuji S 7000 or Canon G 6???

I decided to buy a new camera:-). But there are people who recomande me to buy one of those. One of them are strong against Fuji S 7000 and the same thing is with Canon G 6. There is always "something" wrong. This is the category what I need in this time. So what to choose. All your comments and experiances will help me. Thanks!
Carmela
Old 11-19-2004, 01:27 PM
Banned

Default Re: Fuji S 7000 or Canon G 6???

Hi Carmela, I can not speak of my own experience with the one or the other, but I just link to this fine gallery that may help you evaluate the S7000: http://www.trekearth.com/members/Georges/photos/
Having recently bought a new digicam (Pentax Optio 750Z, I was looking for a small one), I spent also a lot of time reading the forums at www.dpreview.com
My opinion about the new ranges is that together with the extra pixels they have brought such a wide range of functionalities that few users will ever need them. I think both Canon & Fuji build excellent cameras and before buying one you should evaluate which functions you need most and find out how many button pushes it will need to get to the settings. Eronomy is an important point in daily usage and can vary greatly from camera to camera.
Research is already part of the fun involved in getting a new toy soon, so I wish you plenty of fun !
Old 11-19-2004, 02:03 PM
TE Junior Member

Thank you Yves! Georges galery is really impressive, and you give me another dileme:-)!
Old 11-19-2004, 02:45 PM
TE Newbie

I've never used either but I just read a glowing review of the G6 in a magazine that said it's a perfect camera for a serious hobbyist or semi-pro photographer.
It doesn't look to have as long zoom as the Fuji and no image stabilisation but its smaller and lighter.
The other camera the magazine raved about was the Panasonic Lumix Z20 -or something like that- it had a massive zoom and image stabilisation if I remember correctly.

As already suggested, the best thing would be to go and have a play with them in a shop and see which is most comfortable.
Have lots of fun.

Graham
Old 11-19-2004, 03:07 PM
TE Junior Member

Hi Graham! Yes, booth of them have good performances that because is so hard to decide.
Your advice about play with them would be nice bit here in Croatia is not possible to do that. You can only touch "empty" camera and take a look how it looks like. Sad but true.
Thanks Graham!!!
Old 11-19-2004, 04:53 PM

Check out www.megapixel.net

They usually have very nice tests on the cameras. If they are listed there it can be helpfull for you to read and compare the reviews.