To Coyote: Hey hey your still here! - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great Coyote 2005-01-07 11:13

Nina,
It seems the child is peeking at you to see what you are doing.
Nice shot, I like the trees in this shot- snow is hard to shoot at times. Looks good.
Fun place to walk, it seems. Did you run into each other, he's headed right at you............LOL
JJ

Old 01-07-2005, 08:28 PM
TE Senior Member

Default To Coyote: Hey hey your still here!

Nice to see you around JJ. Yes it is a nice place (bois de l'Equerre) near my home, a little wood in the city that has been kept natural but will probably disapear in the years to come since there is an industrial park just beside that had projects of growing. I also liked the trees on this shot and this little guy peeking over his father's shoulder. This is one think I like when going on trails, coming across other people, saying hello, something we do not do in the cities, talk to strangers...
Old 01-07-2005, 09:23 PM
TE Junior Member

Default Re: To Coyote: Hey hey your still here!

Yep, I'm still around (and getting "rounder"-lol). Shame on mankind, I sometimes think, for developing everything into "work" places. We as a people need to escape all the hustle and bustle- and when the natural habitat is close to a population center- so much the better.
Of course, where I live I don't have to worry much about too many people or development- the Indians say "No".............. and I thank them.
Regards,
JJ
Old 01-07-2005, 10:50 PM
TE Senior Member

I was wondering since some time how come you live on an indian reservation.. Are you indian yourself ? Here in Canada only indians are allowed to live on reservations except if they are white married to an indian. At least this is the case in reservations I know of in the province of Quebec, maybe its different elsewhere in Canada.
Old 01-08-2005, 12:53 AM
TE Junior Member

Nope, Nina, I'm not Indian. The tribal members are allowed to sell some of their lands to others, but we have to live up to the rules they have established, plus whatever county of the State we are in requires. So we pay property taxes to the county, Power in my case- and live under most Indian laws, and all local, state and federal laws.
It is my understanding since instituting gambling here, the tribe is buying back some lands owned by non-Indians. Kind of complicated, I guess. I'm still glad I've been here 32 years.
JJ