good and never heard of - Page 7 - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 09-18-2005, 10:52 PM
TE Expert

Default Re: Matt, mrBialy

working now (had to update real player, took quite a few visits/clicks before "they" let let that update window pop up).

I was not impressed with the first shots, more like imagery puns (Steaurt), kinda "funny, cool, so?....", but it builds up, and it becomes a great urban landscape gallery, I love the sense of alienation we are bound to get everytime someone REALLY shoots people in an urban environment, and the fact that all the time thinking we are individuals, we are indeed part of a human ballet, where inanimate objects have a part. I think this is exactly that: unchoreographed urban ballet. My favorite is the one with the hooded guy and cigarette, with the 2 ladies next to him. 2 realities in the same space.
This guy must have hate being without a camera, once he passes his door to go out.
Old 09-27-2005, 07:09 PM
TE Expert

Default Re: good and never heard of

Mario Cravo Neto, here.
He is my hidden gem :)
thanks for the thread, Peter!
Old 10-16-2005, 04:08 PM
TE Senior Member

I discovered this photographers from Madagascar.
http://www.tamarin.com/p-men/pmendirf1.html
Al.
Old 10-26-2005, 08:46 PM
TE Expert

since the discussion about peeping tom photography has died down I would like to bring the follwing gallery to your attention:
bullfights

Putting aside how I and many of us here feel about the event, I think the images are fantastic, and the best images of bullfighting I have ever seen.
Peter
Old 10-26-2005, 10:26 PM
TE Newbie

you can find matt stuart and other street photographers in http://www.in-public.com/. wonderful stuff
pedro
Old 11-03-2005, 04:22 PM

Default an interview with Matt Stuart

here is a link to an interview with Matt Stuart, he talks bout the way he works on the street

an interview with Matt Stuart

and a pice from the interview: "I never communicate with subjects while photographing them. I like to be invisible. It is more of a challenge. I consider myself to be a confident guy and have no problems with what I do, so I don't sneak about too much. I just do it. I think if you worry or sneak around you give off those vibes and you’re more likely to get spotted. If you are happy with what you do and don't feel shy about it, most people won't even realize you are there. I have been stopped a few times while taking pictures but that is inevitable and probably happened because I wasn't quick enough. If I’m confronted in the street, I generally don't talk too much; I just move on."

and there are more interviews on that site
Old 11-03-2005, 05:06 PM
TE Expert

Default damn straight

The most challenging aspect of street shooting is going out day after day and coming back with nothing great. The best part of street
shooting is when you get a “corker” and all those days spent walking around and getting “nothing great” are paid off in 1/250 sec!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thats pretty much right. I always think I will never get a shot I like again. EVER. Then I get a shot Im happy with. I usually get one Im really happy with once a month, and the time in between is torture.
Old 11-03-2005, 09:42 PM
TE Junior Member

Default Alan Wilson

I've posted a link to this Edinburgh photographer before but in case you missed him the first time: Alan Wilson
Old 12-16-2005, 03:49 PM
TE Junior Member

Default srinivas kuruganti

Found the following photographer from one of the links Sohrab included in his introduction page...

Find his work interesting... some are striking any disturbing for some..

http://srinivaskuruganti.com/index.html
Old 01-02-2006, 06:15 PM
TE Newbie

Default Outdoors

Anything by Ben Moon: http://www.moonfoto.com/, and a local (Denver, Colorado) photographer, Tony Litschewski: http://www.naturesfinestimages.com/