To delpeoples: a challenge - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great delpeoples 2012-04-26 3:42

Gidday Brian

I could have had whales breaching and David Beckham swimming nude in my shot and it wouldn't have trumped this! Wow, it's simply stunning. The best photo I've seen in ages. Those pastel tones, particularly the blue are exquisite and I love how the coloured stones appear through the "mist" to add texture and even more texture. The pinkish tones on the horizon are the icing on the cake. Now let me guess: you were using a CPL and grey grad filter? Excellent use of your gadgets to produce an extraordinary photo. Can I make a request? I'd love to see any vertical or landscape shots you had without the headland and just that row of wooden palings in the sea. I'll keep coming back to this one all day, congratulations.

Cheers
Lisa

Cheers
Lisa

Old 04-26-2012, 02:21 PM
TE Newbie

Default To delpeoples: a challenge

breaching whales, and a nude DB, now there's a challenge.

thank you lisa for your very generous comments. yes i used a polorizer, a 0.9 ND, and an ND Grad (can't remember which one) over the sky. do you know i didn't take any vertical shots, i usually don't, but don't know why. in days gone by i would only have composed vertically. i mustn't be able to cope with two different perspectives at the same time. as for shots without the headland, i think i have a few from the other side of the wooden groynes where they are coming from left to right, so i might post one of them at some point.
have a great day,
brian