To holmertz: The Asian palm civet - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great holmertz 2020-03-18 7:03

Hello Malgo,
Animals protection societies don't like this coffee, since most of it is produced by animals kept in small cages under bad conditions. There are campaigns to boycott it. Those who buy it are probably the same kind of people who would buy rhino horns for erotic or "medical" purposes, who have money to spend and don't care about nature.
So this time you were right not to drink any coffee. But you got yourself two original photos, possibly the first ones on TE showing this animal, and in such an environment. But these don't look at all like the civets elsewhere on the net. I find similar ones when searching for luwak, so they are probably different kinds.
Best regards,
Gert

Old 03-19-2020, 04:49 AM
TE Expert

Talking To holmertz: The Asian palm civet

Hi Gert, Thanks for your words. This is the Asian palm civet (Paradoxurus hermaphroditus) , as in Wikipedia. I have seen some poor animals in cages in a farm producing kopi luwak . These in cafe are lucky, they look well cared of.

Kind regrads MAlgo