Photo size - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 05-28-2008, 08:23 PM
TE Newbie

Default Photo size

I own a Canon A85 Power shot camera. I am unable to post any of my pics onto Trekearth as all the pics are > 500 kb. Can i do something about it? Or should i set my camera hereafter in such a way that the size of the pics are small? Please help.
Old 05-28-2008, 10:24 PM
TE Junior Member

Default Re: Photo size

Vijay-

You will need to resize the image with a post production software. There are many free ones on the web. I use Photoshop CS2, not free, but great. Do a Google search for shareware photo post production software.

I'm sure there are other TE members that will have wonderful ideas about what to use.

You may have also had some software come with your camera.

Good luck!

~Vic~
Old 05-28-2008, 10:38 PM
TE Junior Member

Hi Vijay.

I used 'Picasa' software for a while. Its great and there is alot you can do to your pictures with it, including resizing them. I suggest you download it and see what you think as it is free. I now use 'Photshop Elements 6' to edit and resize my pictures as there are alot more features in it (You would have to pay for it thought!).

My advice is start with Picasa and see what you think!

All the best.

Blair
Old 05-28-2008, 10:45 PM

Leave the camera set to the best image quality it can provide, if you want to create prints at any point, you'll need that extra quality.

You just need to adjust copies of the photos for TE. Never overwrite your originals, as time passes your image processing skills *will* improve.

If you don't want to install anything, and have a fastish internet connection you could try Adobe Photoshop Express

Otherwise I suggest you use something like IrfanView to resize the images before you upload them. It's small, and it's free too!

If you start getting more into it, consider either Photoshop (expensive, but great; Photoshop Elements is good for home use) or GIMP (it's free, and pretty good). I use Photoshop CS2 myself.

There are a couple of tutorials on my website that might be useful too!
Old 05-28-2008, 10:49 PM
TE Expert

You have to use a program to shrink your images, both in the number of Kb and in the number of pixels. Even the most basic and easy to use ones should do that and a bit more.
Shrinking the size of files isn't the only useful thing that you'll want from a program, you will find quickly that even a little touch-up can make images look a lot better and you'll be able to get much more catchy images using much less Kb than what comes out of the camera.

There are plenty of choices out there, many of them free of little expensive. Lately I use mainly Gimp, which is free, but before I used the more basic, but very easy to use XNview, also free. As a matter of fact, I still use it for some quick processing and browsing. Others that come to my mind are Irfanview, Paint.net (both free) and Paintshop (this one isn't free, but used to be inexpensive). There is, of course,the most popular "for pros" Photoshop and its "junior brother" Photoshop Elements. Some years ago I used also another supposedly very powerful and maybe the main competitor of Photoshop, Corel Photopaint.
Old 03-03-2009, 04:17 AM
TE Newbie

Default DVD

Hi I am so gald to be here with you, www.dvdhots.com is our website ,welcome.
I am sure that you will get what you want in our website.there are many kinds of game here for you,and movie, TVs,and so on.
If you have any other questions,contact us by email
dvdhots@hotmail.com ,we will give you answers at any time.

Have a nice day
Old 03-03-2009, 04:18 AM
TE Newbie

Default Re: DVD

It would be my pleasure to tell you something about our website www.dvdhots.com .we will provide you the best service,at the same time,high quality and low price goods.DVD,Games,you can choose whan you like.
If you have any trouble,get in touch with us by email dvdhots@hotmail.com
or leave a message.

Thank you