To RGatward: Planned? I don't do no stinkin' planning! - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great RGatward 2004-03-29 16:54

Just come across this for the first time. A very striking shot, and extraordinary lighting. What makes the shot for me is the light catching the monks robe in the foreground, which must have been very difficult to plan for. Is it reflected from something, it seems to be coming from the wrong direction.

Old 03-30-2004, 06:03 PM
TE Senior Member

Default To RGatward: Planned? I don't do no stinkin' planning!

Hi Richard,

Thanks for the kind words. No planning went into this shot except the planning necessary to get up early to catch the ferry to Bagan and the realization that if I slowed down a little I could let a group of monks pass me and perhaps give me an interesting shot.

My style? I haven't found a name for it. I never set up a shot or pose my subjects. I see 'em, I shoot 'em. My style is a bit like street photography but I don't like a lot of the stuff that carries that label.

I'm thinking that what I do is "Found Images". If I keep my eyes open and camera handy I can occasionally capture an image that pleases me. Even a blind pig can find an acorn once in a while.