Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 01-30-2004, 08:17 PM
TE Senior Member

Default Flat View - a couple of suggestions...

Hi Adam,

When using Flat View to see all the posts at one time it would be helpful if the colons or a similar system were used so that one could see the flow of the discussion.

Original Post
: Reply 1
: Reply 2
:: Reply to Reply 2
::: Additional Reply
: Reply 3

----
And after looking at the posts in Flat View the headers don't turn dark, remain lighter blue indicating 'Not Read'.
Old 01-31-2004, 12:46 AM
TE Expert

Default Re: Flat View - a couple of suggestions...

"it would be helpful if the colons or a similar system were used so that one could see the flow of the discussion."

The flat view is sorted by date, not by thread flow so I'd have to resort by thread flow for that to work.

"after looking at the posts in Flat View the headers don't turn dark, remain lighter blue indicating 'Not Read'."

That's a function of the browser's history, I'm not sure how I would be able to address that issue.
Old 01-31-2004, 01:14 AM
TE Senior Member

I've run into that problem using Flat View on other sites. It makes for confusing reading. Not a huge problem, but it would simplify things for us dial-up people.

As for marking the posts as 'read' - if they have been opened in either format ....
Old 02-02-2004, 10:28 PM
TE Senior Member

One work around is to right-click on Flat View and open it in a new window. That way you have the original thread view available for reference to see where a particular post belongs.

I have also had the thought that it would be nice to see flat view in thread order but sometimes I prefer chronological. So if you do make a change, I'd like to request that you provide both views instead of one or the other.