Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 02-04-2004, 08:06 AM
TE Junior Member

Default PS workshop

I would like to ask all the members a question.Do you think that pictures should be left as it was captured not for the cropping side but on the colour tone side.Very often people wnat to saturate or add more contrast which frequently does not reflect what we saw at that moment.And I have sometimes seen workshops which does change completely the picture.May be it looks better but it's not what we wanted to memorsie on the pixels.
Old 02-04-2004, 03:16 PM
TE Senior Member

Default Re: PS workshop

If a WS was replace the original I would surely agree with you, but in fact it's just another way to see things, we don't have to agree with the new version. We need to be very opene minded to let people mess around with our shots some times, it's almost like writing a book and somebody would delete some paragraphs, pages or even chapters, it's not always easy to take. If this is really bothering you, and I can understand it to some extent, you could surely add in your note that you would like WS to be done without modifying the colors.
Old 02-04-2004, 03:40 PM

Default Re: PS workshop

I guess that's a personal question which depends on each member.

Personally I do like to see WS made to my photos even those which alter quite heavely them. After all the original photo is still mine, it's the one that it's been posted and it's not replaced by the WS. More, it gives me some artistic ideas that may be useful for other shots. So, it may not represent my view over the photo I've posted, but it influences me in the future.

Also it expands my way of seeing the reallity. In my opinion no one captures the reallity, only an interpretation of it. That's why I find the WS so useful (and also the post-processing done or not done in the photos posted).

I guess if it absets you you may turn of the WS option in your profile or alert about your WS preferencies as Nina said (the best thing is a small add in the note).