I know I keep doing this but...

You're on Page 1 of 4
Go to
  • has anyone else seen "China Obscura" by Mark Leong? If you haven't, there's a pretty good photo gallery online

http://www.digitaljournalist.org/issue0501/leong_01.html

(sorry that's not a clickable link). Any thoughts, I'd love to hear them.
  • Re: I know I keep doing this but...
    C'mon...China obscura... here's your link...

<i>"Any thoughts"</i>

Yeah, one at least... have you noticed that the most powerful portraits are taken from people who don't look straight in your lens?

Something we should think about.
    I actually picked-up the book a while ago. Found it in one of the foreign language bookstores in Shanghai and it blew me away. Some of the the shots are really powerful and give a different view of China which is always nice. And as Luko mentioned portraits where people don't look in your lens work much better.

Anyway, the guy is very talented.
    oh yeah i think philip(coggan) had added this link in one of the forums quite some time back .
    you should see some more of his photographs here

if you're interested in china <a href="http://www.magnumphotos.com/c/htm/FramerT_MAG.aspx?Stat=Portfolio_DocThumb&V=CDocT&E =2TYRYD1KOYJI&DT=ALB">marc riboud's photographs are also there

i cross this book everytime i goto the bookshop
    it's quite huge and terribly expensive, so i have to stay content with the photographs on the web only

actually simon (flydragon) worked with riboud , when he made a movie on riboud's china photographs, sent me 2 short ( 5 minutes or so) clips of it. really great work done by both :)
    sorry about changing the topic here...
    luko remember once you wrote a critique to one of maciej's photographs , the one with a fly on a girl's nose.... when you talked about the appropriate use of a fly in a photograph

you should check out liz gilbert's portfolio here. shes' done some work on the masais..
    there is one photograph with a fly that is really nice

anyway now we can get back to mark leong :)
    Oh good, very important, I always wondered about the appropriate use of a fly in a photo... ha ha.

But seriously, I can't seem to get the link: is it working? Or is my computer being a weenie?

And also: mark leong... RAAAAHHHH... the guy f**king ROCKS!!!!
    which link?
    liz gilbert's

just saw that thread about ppl thinking you were a girl. how could they? it's quite obvious you are a dog.
    wuahahaaaaaaaaa

Lisan, you are so funny, Sohrab the Dog :))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
    maciej!!! stopt yapping, it's a really serious matter
    they really thought i was a girl hehe