Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 05-21-2009, 09:28 PM
TE Newbie

Default 'POPULAR DESTINATION' section must go!!

Hi, I just want to add one more thing...

On 'POPULAR DESTINATION' menu section:

It is so out of place I just have to say something. First of all, this is NOT a travel website - we are not aiming for any destination. Second, the menu is an inferior replacement to the 'Continents' menu on the original TE. I would like to see this impractical and out of place menu to go away and replaced by the 'Continent' menu - new look is ok, as long as the old functionality is there.

Jeff
Old 05-22-2009, 02:44 AM
TE Newbie

Default Re: 'POPULAR DESTINATION' section must go!!

I would have to agree with this. I like the idea in theory because it introduces people to places they may not have otherwise clicked on, but for now it just adds to confusion when you're looking for specific locations etc. And it's true that this is not a travel website.
Thanks!
Sarah
Old 05-22-2009, 06:35 AM
TE Junior Member

Default Re: 'POPULAR DESTINATION' section must go!!

agreed. it is really disturbing, and completely unnecessary. whenever i used to want to see photos from a particular destination i went to the gallery page, and chose continenet, country etc. from the sidebar. that worked just fine, and was all i needed. who gives a .... what the most popular destination is? i don't get it. i don't get any of this, and stopped using the site already, anyway.