Photo Adventures... - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 07-15-2003, 09:18 AM
TE Newbie

Default Photo Adventures...

Hey Guys,

I am curious as to whether any of you have been on one of those photo adventures. You know where you go on some exotic locale by a pro photographer who is there to help you with your photography. If you have gone, what did you like, what didn't you like? Was it a one day event, or was it several days? Was it all photography, or critique, or a bit of both? I have considered this but haven't done it myself and wanted to get some feedback. Thanks guys,
JB
Old 07-15-2003, 07:39 PM
TE Junior Member

Default Re: Photo Adventures...

I attended a workshop led my Rick Knepp at Mono Lake in January. Take a look at the photos I posted from there and judge for yourself whether that one was worth it;) All in all, the best part was Rick's pre-work in finding locations, and making sure we were at the right place at the right time. Highly recommended.

The workshop lasted from Friday afternoon to Sunday morning. Shoots were in the mornings and evenings, and at other times Rick gave us some hints about shooting in the area (and generally answered any other questions we had) and we all critiqued each other's shots.

For more information, go to http://www.richardknepp.com

Cheers,

Ron.
Old 07-16-2003, 07:56 AM
TE Junior Member

Hi Ron,
Could you create a travelogue for the weekend you mentioned to make it easy to pick out the photos to look at?
Thanks,
Martin (Bayleaf)
Old 07-16-2003, 08:36 AM
TE Newbie

I guess here is the question as I don't know what your skill level was before and after. Did you feel like it was worth it? Do you mind sharing how much you paid? Have you considered doing it again?

Thanks man,
JB
Old 07-16-2003, 08:02 PM
TE Junior Member

I've created a travelogue for that trip. As far as skill level goes, I don't think I noticed much of a change, but I DID appreciate the payoff in putting effort into taking shots at the right time of the day. My objective was to reinvigorate my passion for photography, and I guess I suceeded.

I paid about $180, which actually went to the Mono Lake Committee who are a conservation group dedicated to the preservation of the area. The workshop was run by Rick Knepp, who has spent a lot of time there over the years. Rick doesn't really take any of his own shots on his workshops, but instead walks around the assembled group looking through viewfinders if somebody wants his input, or leaving them alone if they don't. His great talent is making sure you are in the right place at the right time.

I am considering taking another workshop of his, if and when I can schedule the time.

Cheers,

Ron.