To bertolucci: The Inside - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great bertolucci 2004-04-08 8:22

Very nice how you show the several life stages of this buillding with the tree signalling ultimate and long neglect. I especially like the divers cladding of the facade.The fact that I can look into the interior of the building....makes me wanna go in there and explore. Maybe in the next posting of this nice series you'll oblige ;-). But take care, this kind of buildings can be very dangerous. Very well seen & done, Paul.

Old 04-08-2004, 06:54 PM
TE Senior Member

Default To bertolucci: The Inside

Hello Bert

Thanks for the comments. I would like to get inside. I poked around a bit but didn't find any adequate places to enter in my limited looking. I know it has to be there. But I need to find someone willing to come in there with me and not too many of my friends like going around these neighborhoods for some reason. And as you say these buildings can be dangerous so I definitely don't want to be alone should something happen. There are a few other places with more solid floors than this I want to get into but of course those have much more intense security. But I definitely will get inside something.

Again, Bert, thanks for the comments and interest

Paul
Old 04-09-2004, 04:45 AM
TE Newbie

Default Visit a master of abandoned places...

http://home2.planetinternet.be/henk/

Henk knows his stuff, and does a great job of describing and photographing the feelings of his abandoned places. I use his thoughts as a guide.

He also has a good section on safety and it makes good reading.

Getting inside is worth the effort, provided you can do it safely. Being inside you smell the decay, can hear the building breathing through all those open spaces, and feel the presence of past ghosts. I love it.
Old 04-09-2004, 08:27 PM
TE Senior Member

Default Re: Visit a master of abandoned places...

Thanks Mark

I'm taking a look at the website now. It's very good stuff. I'll definitely take a look at the safety section. Just peaking in I could see this one building in particular had wooden floors. But some others have reinforced concrete so those should be safer. I can't wait for my schedule to clear and the weather to warm up to give it a try. Thanks again