To emka: The Famous Oak..... - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great emka 2020-05-10 8:40

hello dear John.

You know very well what the memories I have with this place :). I suppose I walked along this canal but I wanted to go by "Me too" and Rich had many excuses for not going, but it was not easy with me. The last day I was ready at sunrise and yes, we went:). It was such fun to stay there. I still laugh when only I think about it. Stunning colours of the boats, the flowers in the garden and reflections. This big tree is probably the famous oak.
There were the days... I would like to go somewhen to the UK and to meet "camaraderie" again.

Stay safe

MAlgo XX

Old 05-10-2020, 04:30 PM
TE Expert

Default To emka: The Famous Oak.....

Hello dear Malgo,

Thank you again for your kind words!

Yes, the "Famous Cropredy Oak" is in the picture - it's the really huge tree (you can only see the lower left part of it) in the distance on the right, on the same side of the canal where I was standing. It is much bigger than the tall conifer on the left. Actually, if you follow Richard on Facebook, you will see that he quite often posts photographs from here, many including the big tree!

Here is a picture taken on the same weekend as mine by Romana - there you will see a better view of the big tree:
https://www.trekearth.com/gallery/Eu...oto1380841.htm

Take care and stay safe.

Kindest Regards,

John. xx