To tyro: The Bear Steps - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great tyro 2020-05-12 6:40

Hello Bev,

Oh dear, I'm sorry, but I'm afraid Miss Marple has definitely not performed of her very best today. Please check out the following co-ordinates: 52.710246, -2.751083 then do a little pirouette around that spot with Google's little man and you will see the Shrewsbury Town Council Building - just the same as in your workshop photo, if I'm not mistaken? I remain, etc., Hercule. :)

Now that I have that off my chest, I like your note (apart from the glaring omission of any details of the council building!) and I like your two photographs very much. The half timbered building in your main image is absolutely delightful and, of course, is enhanced by the handsome Adonis walking before it. Lovely soft light, true colours and, as always, excellent details and sharpness - and again testament not only to your own photographic skills but also to that fine Nikon camera of yours (and which, I recall, was a gift from aforementioned Adonis too) - so you should use it more often!

Wonderful!

You two take care and stay safe.

Kindest Regards,

John.

Old 05-12-2020, 02:15 PM
TE Expert

Default To tyro: The Bear Steps

Merci, cher Hercule, j'aurais dû savoir que tu pourrais résoudre le problème!
J'ai voyagé avec le petit homme jaune pendant un bon moment mais je n'ai pas trouvé le bâtiment !!
Merci pour votre critique chaleureuse et j'ai informé Adonis de vos bons voeux.

Prenez soin de vous, en ces temps difficiles, Bev
Old 05-12-2020, 03:51 PM
TE Expert

Default Oh, Mon Dieu!

Dear Bev,

Sometimes I despair. Those co-ordinates were fine - I put them directly into Google maps and they worked and I was able to be guided by "le petit homme jaune" quite successfully. So I've added a workshop picture for you!

Kindest Regards,

John.