To oochappan: Fractal are not a miracle. - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 02-12-2007, 02:50 PM

Default To oochappan: Fractal are not a miracle.

Hi Henk,

If the size of an image doesn’t matter at all, I’m surprised that the camera manifacturers produce, and photography professional aquire, cameras up to 16 mp or even 40mp (in studio cameras)… I guess that with the “miraculous” fractal technologies we would only need a 0.5mp camera, no?

Or that the most known photographers have in their sites, smaller photos than the ones I post here. After all, they are heavily protected by legal assistance, don’t they…

I’m sorry but you’re only partially right. Smaller sizes don’t prevent theft at all, but I can assure you it will prevent many and most serious thefts for printing purposes. Or do you believe that the same quality can be attained with a 500 pixel or with an 800 pixel image? No, it doesn’t.
Hi Henk,

If the size of an image doesn’t matter at all, I’m surprised that the camera manifacturers produce, and photography professional aquire, cameras up to 16 mp or even 40mp (in studio cameras)… I guess that with the “miraculous” fractal technologies we would only need a 0.5mp camera, no?

Or that the most known photographers have in their sites, smaller photos than the ones I post here. After all, they are heavily protected by legal assistance, don’t they…

I’m sorry but you’re only partially right. Smaller sizes don’t prevent theft at all, but I can assure you it will prevent many and most serious thefts for printing purposes. Or do you believe that the same quality can be attained with a 500 pixel or with an 800 pixel image? No, it doesn’t.
Old 02-13-2007, 08:29 AM
TE Expert

Default Re: To oochappan: Fractal are not a miracle.

Hi Jose,

you are right too but for pirated publicity they often go not for that high quality, I have seen here 4 pictures of me on a publity board 5 meter high, not that perfect quality as it was used for the atmosphere of te publicity.

The ones who really wants the perfect big sized high quality prints are mostly decent enough to buy I experienced but the reward is declining ...

like I said, no risk, no gain, Microsoft didn't protect their software that much to conquer the market in the beginning, now that they got almost the monopoly they start to protect and to claim. In the world of digitals today where companies dig the net for cheap photos they need, you can only anticipate by top quality hoping for assigments if you want to go pro, like in pop-music the top is often bought by big publicity campains, same tendens occurs in photography nowadays.

Lucky, personally I'm not in the run for that anymore, just enjoying, now that I am retired, showing what I really enjoy, no limits, no quality demands, sometimes even lazy in shooting and editing, why not, nothing to prove ... simply don't want that anymore, helping others my outmost pleasure now.

Keep it on José, you always had the highest top quality shots, that can't be unnoticed, legal protecting by registering shots cost a lot but they put you on the market too. It becomes a hard world if you want to make a living out of photography, anyone can call himself a pro, there is no protection.

greetings
Henk