To delpeoples: Hmmmm to you too - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great delpeoples 2011-05-14 7:35

HI Craig

I apologise at the outset that this critique has been written past midnight with half a bottle of vino in me. But having read Peter's critique I seriously wonder how much of the bottle of Jack Daniels and Cranky Pills he had taken before writing it ;) Hmmm, he could have said all that with half the writing. Putting that aside, what he meant to say sort of makes sense. But I can see your thinking here, the sky is magnificent and the composition is in perfect 2/3 to 1/3 framing. So it would break my heart cropping it if it was my shot. Whilst the architecture may be Pete's focus, the sky is mine and in fact the WS does nothing for me. The sails are well-contrasted, sharp, and their perspective complements the other element, but I'm in it for the sky. So I think you've done a good job and would like to see the colour version in WS.

Thanks and good afternoon
Lisa

Old 05-14-2011, 11:29 PM
TE Senior Member

Default To delpeoples: Hmmmm to you too

Dearest, or should I address you as pesky.
I wasn't cranky, I didn't have any Jack and I wrote it in the afternoon, so there.
Craig asked for an opinion and I gave him mine. Sorry that it was so verbose, well to you anyway. Obviously you have a more succinct grasp of the English language. Actually I'm not sorry it was so long winded. The point here was to discuss the photograph, I did that. I'm thinking you've missed the point. Did you read Craig's note???
Photography is subjective as you know, whilst I don't agree with you on the sky, does that make my opinion wrong!!!!! Same with the WS, it was an example of how it would be treated in print media, nothing else. Do I like the crop, NO, I don't.
Perhaps the late hour and the vino has unnecessarily raised the hackles.

And a good afternoon to you too, and the horse you rode in on.

Pietro the loooooooooong woooooooooooooorded
Old 05-15-2011, 02:39 AM
TE Expert

Talking Dear One

Dear One

Please untie your Nanna Knickers from their knot immedately.

Firstly, of course I have read Craig's note. I have read your "light years away" critique and I have read his reply to you. Otherwise we would not be having this discussion.

Perhaps you did not read my critique properly, but I spent very little time referring to yours and in fact prefaced it with "perhaps Peter has a point". Your critique is not "wrong" at all, it is your opinion. I never said otherwise.

That it could have been written more succinctly and less aggressively is obvious but that's what happens to the grey cells as we reach our septuagenarian years I suppose And what's worse, you go on to congratulate yourself on it, "I've really enjoyed writing a critique that is light years away from the usual blurb", and with NO Jack Daniels? At least you would have had an excuse. Sorry, as an Aussie I couldn't let that blatant self-promotion go - and you wouldn't either.

I stand by my opinion (and I am allowed them too) that the critique was too long, could easily have been written with half the words and with a kinder choice of those words).

I also stand by my opinion on the photo.

My opinion is different to yours that is all. And my focus - as in most of my photos - is not so much on architecture but on the natural elements. Your Workshop cut out all that beauty in the sky, so of course it would have no attraction for me. Capisce?

Now dear, go have a Bex and a good lie down. Or better still, write another critque that is light years away from the rest of us mere mortals.

Huge sloppy kiss on forehead
Lisa

PS: and since WHEN do you think that 3 glasses of wine would touch me?
Old 05-15-2011, 02:55 AM
TE Senior Member

Default Light years away indeed

Pesky,
I wasn't congratulating myself on the critique, you ninny. What I said was, it was enjoyable to sit and really think through a critique rather than my usual mindless blurb blah blah blah.
AND I DON'T HAVE MY KNICKERS IN A KNOT, CAPISCE.

Jeez, you sandal wearing, muesli-chewing, bike riding, latte sipping, tofu munching, lentil burger Inner Westies are eager to pick on us old folk.

AND I'LL WRITE AS MANY WORDS AS I WANT.

AAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGH

Leave me alone, my critique writing days are over, thanks to you.

Pietro the finished.
Old 05-15-2011, 03:35 AM
TE Expert

Talking Bat & Ball

ooh poor Pietro

I almost feel sorry for you. Almost. Hard to break you, you crafty old devil.

Not congratulating yourself? Phoeey! Should've posted a pic of your yacht along with it to make the story complete. And then taken out American citizenship.

And now you're taking our nanna toys and going home? Aw please don't. Come round to the IW for a chai latte and we'll make it all better. I'll even day a few Hail Marys.

Lisa the Repentant