Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 09-03-2003, 01:45 AM
TE Newbie

Default Photoshop E. or PaintShop Pro or other

I don't know which is the best for digital picture. Who can help me to choose one ?

A vendor said me that PaintShop Pro (120 ) is equivalent to Photoshop (1000 ). What do you think about that ?
Old 09-03-2003, 02:01 AM
TE Junior Member

Default Re: Photoshop E. or PaintShop Pro or other

Your vendor isn't misleading you, if you've not got the budget for the full blown Photoshop, then Paintshop pro wins hands down over Photoshop Elements. It can do most things that Photoshop can do at a fraction of the price, I say go for it!
Old 09-03-2003, 02:10 AM
TE Junior Member

I used to use Paintshop Pro and recently moved to PhotoShop. Though the two have a lot of features in common, the thing that I like about PS is that there is a buge body of expertise out there (plugins, tutorials etc. etc.) which simply isn't the case with PSP. I was also able to pickup a RAW file reader plugin which allows me to work with unprocessed image files - again, something I couldn't do with PSP.

Also, I use a printing service which requires me to use their color profile - something I can't do with PSP.
Old 09-03-2003, 02:36 AM
TE Newbie

Using both here (full photoshop7) but for value for money PaintShop Pro is a clear winner, agreed it has not got the plug ins for it but for a starter editing package it is hard to beat.
Old 09-03-2003, 04:14 AM
TE Junior Member

I've used PSP for several years and had used PS some time back, and do like PS better. But to some extent, it depends on what you will want to do and your level of experience.

I think overall, PSP is a bit more user freindly, but lacks some of the capabilities of PS.