Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 10-27-2014, 10:04 PM
Administrator

Should now be adjusted to 800 on both sites.
Old 10-28-2014, 11:59 AM
TE Expert

Default Still at 790 pixels in width...........

Hello Aleksandra,

Unfortunately, on my browser it still appears that images in excess of 790 pixels in width are being reduced to 790 pixels wide (with consequent reduction in quality and sharpness) in the "new" version of TE - while "beta" TE still displays them at their original uploaded size.

Kind Regards,

John.
Old 10-28-2014, 06:07 PM
TE Expert

Talking Not Aleks

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyro View Post
Hello Aleksandra,

Unfortunately, on my browser it still appears that images in excess of 790 pixels in width are being reduced to 790 pixels wide (with consequent reduction in quality and sharpness) in the "new" version of TE - while "beta" TE still displays them at their original uploaded size.

Kind Regards,

John.
Aleksandra she is gone
Old 10-28-2014, 06:09 PM
Administrator

Thumbs up

You have to make sure to "hard refresh" your browser to capture all new CSS changes.
Old 10-28-2014, 08:47 PM
TE Expert

Default Hard Refresh......and Thank you!

Hello Paul,

First of all, I must apologise for addressing you as "Aleksandra"! She had, of course, written earlier on this particular thread.

I must confess that I had never heard of a "hard refresh" of a browser, but a little "Googling" informed me it was quickly and easily done by pressing Ctrl+F5 and, Lo and Behold, the images on TE are now displaying at 800 pixels in width on my browser!

Thank you very much for your kind help!

Kind Regards,

John.
Old 10-29-2014, 11:26 AM
TE Expert

Default Resizing.....and now Enlargement!

Dear Paul (IBobi),

Well, I'm afraid that my initial elation at finding that TE is now displaying images at 800 pixels in width (as opposed to 790) has now vanished.

Of course, images of 800 pixels in width and wider are now resized to 800 pixels wide and the quality, to my eyes at least, seems a little better. But what concerns me and my friends is that images smaller than 800 pixels in width are now being enlarged to 800 pixels wide and this enlargement brings about very considerable degradation of image quality indeed.

Just have a look at this picture, uploaded on "beta" TE at 667 pixels wide and where it displays with stunning detail and sharpness: then look at the same image here on "new" TE where it is displayed at 800 pixels in width, considerably enlarged but also with quite marked loss of quality and sharpness.

I'm not aware that TE has ever, ever enlarged images in the past and I wonder if this new technical glitch can perhaps be resolved?

Kind Regards,

John.
Old 10-29-2014, 07:34 PM
TE Expert

Indeed I was quite happy to see that all my horizontal photos are so sharp as they should be but the vertical ones which I set for 750 in height (499 width) was enlarged so that its width is now 800 on new TE.

For comparison:
HERE

or on normal TE HERE. The last one is REALLY BAD
M
Old 10-29-2014, 07:52 PM
Administrator

I'll work with tech on this. Thank you!
Old 11-02-2014, 12:18 PM
TE Expert

I have planned to post again few vertical shots now but I am going to wait until it gets solved, otherwise my photos will look quite bad. I could extend the actual size to the 800 at the base but then people watching it on beta TE would have problems to see to full photo on their screen. So it seems a loose-loose situation for vertical shots for now.
M
Old 11-02-2014, 09:17 PM
TE Expert

I posted a new photo a second ago but seeing how terribly it looks like I decided to delete it. I will resume my TE activity as soon as administrators fix the problems with photo size/quality. Why should I guess now how the photo may look at normal versus beta TrekEarth now or in the future?