Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 09-10-2014, 08:25 AM
TE Senior Member

Default Site crashing

Hi tecchies

I don't know if this problem is unique to me, but it doesn't happen on other sites, so I'm guessing it's a problem at server or source. The site works fine for the first few minutes; then for no apparent reason, hangs up: I suddenly can't navigate to any other pages. The only solution seems to be to leave the site and go back in, which cures the problem temporarily, but is a real pain. I need to check to see if there is the same problem on the Beta version. Any help would be gratefully received.

Will Perrett
Old 09-11-2014, 01:10 AM
TE Expert

Default Same with me...

Hi Will,

Funnily enough, I've been having exactly the same problem - just over the last 24 hours or so. I can navigate from page to page but after doing so two or three times, any attempt to navigate further results in the webpage freezing. If I refresh the page, I can then navigate again for a couple of minutes until it freezes again. All other websites seem to work perfectly well.

Curiously, this problem only seems to occur with the "new" version of TE and not the "beta" version which still works perfectly.

And, even more curiously, the problem only seems to occur with my desktop computer (running Vista and IE9) and not on my laptop (running Windows 7 and IE10). For that reason, I initially thought that the problem was mine but it sounds very much as though you are experiencing the same symptoms.

Kind Regards,

John.
Old 09-11-2014, 08:23 AM
TE Senior Member

Default site crashing

Hi tecchies

It seems from John's report that this is not a problem unique to me. For the record, I'm running Mozilla Firefox on Windows 7. Something needs to be done! N.B. I reported this a couple of days ago, and the problem still persists.

Will Perrett
Old 09-12-2014, 01:19 AM
Administrator

Verified. We're looking into this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyro View Post
Hi Will,

Funnily enough, I've been having exactly the same problem - just over the last 24 hours or so. I can navigate from page to page but after doing so two or three times, any attempt to navigate further results in the webpage freezing. If I refresh the page, I can then navigate again for a couple of minutes until it freezes again. All other websites seem to work perfectly well.

Curiously, this problem only seems to occur with the "new" version of TE and not the "beta" version which still works perfectly.

And, even more curiously, the problem only seems to occur with my desktop computer (running Vista and IE9) and not on my laptop (running Windows 7 and IE10). For that reason, I initially thought that the problem was mine but it sounds very much as though you are experiencing the same symptoms.

Kind Regards,

John.
Quote:
Originally Posted by willperrett View Post
Hi tecchies

It seems from John's report that this is not a problem unique to me. For the record, I'm running Mozilla Firefox on Windows 7. Something needs to be done! N.B. I reported this a couple of days ago, and the problem still persists.

Will Perrett
Old 09-18-2014, 01:31 AM
Administrator

Fixed now.