A new exhibition from a Trek Earth member - Page 2 - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 09-07-2007, 01:37 AM
TE Expert

Default Re: A new exhibition from a Trek Earth member

Great news Kev.
Kajal has done amazingly good photography there. I think she deserved the praise.
I just wish to be able to see the "off-line" exposition too!
Claire
Old 09-07-2007, 01:57 AM
TE Expert

The prints are just great Claire - really very nice equality work.

bw kev
Old 09-07-2007, 02:22 PM
TE Expert

Thanks for letting us know, Kev. Kaj is a bright light shining in our midst, and she's been like this since Day One. So happy for her, well deserved - an important show. Congrats to all involved...
Francis
Old 09-07-2007, 03:07 PM
TE Senior Member

That is fantastic and very well reserved. I am pretty sure that Mark won't mind my relaying this information, so I will do so. I was out shooting with Mark on Sunday and we were discussing Kaj. Both of us had some very similar observations. First, she absolutely shows how unimportant equipment is in the big picture. Kaj is shooting with an outdated DSLR that was the most entry level piece even when it came out. She uses the kit lens, which is not known to be anywhere in the neighbourhood of great. Yet, she produces great images. Another thing we both commented on was how quickly she came along as a photographer. She seemed to shoot from being a newbie to being someone who could be counted on for fantastic photos almost overnight. Kaj really seems to know good light and she seemed to have learned this quickly. More importantly though, we both think that what sets Kaj apart from most others is that she doesn't shoot as an observer, but as a participant. Kaj knows and cares about the women she shoots and that intimacy translates in her photos. We both agreed that the quality of her photos, were it accompanied by a well written article would not be out of place in Nat Geo.

Anyways, I think others would agree, but just thought I would mention it.

A big congrats to Kaj for some very well deserved recognition.
Old 09-08-2007, 03:28 PM
Banned

For all of you visiting paris Champs Elysees, you can see in the Thai Airways office entrance in the bottom part of the avenue an exhibition of photos taken by Simon Kolton (aka flydragon), I've been yesterday and the photos are very nice.

And congrats to Kaj as well !!!
Old 09-11-2007, 09:42 AM
TE Expert

couldnt put it better myself...;-)
Old 09-12-2007, 01:14 AM
TE Senior Member

you guys! :,(

thank you so much for your comments. I made a few feeble attempts to respond so far, but I could not express how I was feeling..so I have left it till now.

Its a strange feeling being back from India.. everyone (not TE users) asks "did you have a good time?". I find myself struggling to answer the question in a way which justifies what exactly I was doing there. The question also remains, whether people are actually interested in hearing the real answer.. I thought that by now, I would have at least a sentence prepared, which would summarise what I wanted people to know.. its getting more difficult to distinguish what it is that people are asking me, what they actually want to know and what they actually want to hear. Or are they just being polite? I've been told (too many times recently).. that I think too much - (is that possible?)

TE is a special place.. I would not be lying if I said that most of what I know, is because of you folks. I actually had a little tiff with my boss (in India), because I spent more time "exposing" the pictures to you lot than them. They virtually had no idea what I was doing with my time when I was there.. Now that I have the time to think, its coming together a bit more. Its quite hard for me to think properly in India, as there is not much privacy...

To say that I have been obsessed is an understatement.. thank you once again, to every person I have encountered through this forum. 99% of the time, it is a comment I get from here, which starts me thinking.. You have all influenced me in one way or the other.. Trek Earth has a wealth of information which is accessible on so many levels - Its there to be absorbed, I feel.

They say that good karma is like building credit - I am beginning to see the truth in this...

anyhow, I've been lagging behind with critiques as of late and I've seen some excellent pictures, so I'm off..

look after yourselves..

kajx
Old 09-13-2007, 04:38 AM
TE Expert

I agree. These should be in a book. And printed large and exhibited in a gallery. A work of the highest sincerity and integrity.
Animesh