Loose ends! - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 11-16-2004, 01:08 PM
TE Expert

Default Loose ends!

Adam - I've noticed that when members initiate discussions regarding workshops I've done, that, unlike forums, I never receive notification of their comments. I find them only if I go back to my portfolio of workshops and check. It would be wonderful to receive notification so I can respond if appropriate. I offer this suggestion as a worthy project to add to your unending list... ;-)

I also believe that it is time for a rather major upgrade of the About section of the site. You have made a number of modifications that have been presented and discussed in forums but never described comprehensively in the About section. Folks who wish to post panoramas must stumble around to find the procedure. Folks who wish to create lists must do the same. I believe this site would be much easier to navigate if each feature were thoroughly described in the About section with step by step instructions for how to take advantage of them. Forums are great for proposing, discussing and evaluating features, but as they become established, there should be a clear description of how to use them.

Are we having fun yet?

(You know how much I admire the fine work you have done here Alan, so you will surely recognize my comments as words of encouragement. This site gets better and better, all from your hard work. Heartfelt thanks from across the Bay... ;-))
Old 11-16-2004, 01:17 PM
TE Expert

Default Re: Loose ends!

"when members initiate discussions regarding workshops I've done, that, unlike forums, I never receive notification of their comments."

What if workshops were tied in with critiques directly? I think merging workshops and critiques might be useful, and notifications could be used for that as well.

"I also believe that it is time for a rather major upgrade of the About section of the site."

You're absolutely right. And also the faq page as well. I'll try to add update it soon. If anyone has specific text they'd like added, please let me know and I'll add it in.

Thanks for the suggestions.
Old 11-20-2004, 04:12 AM
TE Expert

I find that if I post a critique and the first reply to the critique is posted I have no way of knowing that someone replied unless I go back to that particular critique. Once the reply to the reply is posted than the notification is received. Any way of changing that so notification is received when the first reply to the critique is posted?
Or this is already in place I just don't know how to take advantage of this.
Peter
Old 11-20-2004, 04:26 AM
TE Expert

Within your Personal Profile on your Intro page is a segment for Alerts Profile. If you open that you will be given options as to how you wish to be alerted. It works quite well for everything but workshop comments.
Old 11-20-2004, 06:28 AM
TE Expert

Thanks Curtis, wish I was aware of these options few weeks ago.
Peter