Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 05-07-2015, 06:57 PM
TE Expert

Question Anybody there ?

Only 41 pictures posted on the 7th of may
Old 05-07-2015, 07:43 PM

I can remember the days when over 700 images a day were being posted. It doesn't seem all that long ago.
Old 05-08-2015, 03:34 AM
TE Expert

Default A big differnce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keitht View Post
I can remember the days when over 700 images a day were being posted. It doesn't seem all that long ago.
Hi Keitht
Thoose were the days ...
Many Trekers has gone New members do not seem to fixed on the site, which is a pity, because of the TOS is too strict
I am present here for almost 12 years, but I found the former members on Facebook and other sites and I kept in touch with them
Best regards
Old 05-08-2015, 06:50 PM

I don't necessarily agree that the TOS are too strict, but many members don't even know they exist. Many requests have been made for the TOS to be made much more prominent but nothing seems to happen.
Old 05-09-2015, 01:12 AM
TE Expert

I find that many good photographers Trekearth left, note that the critics recieved have diminished.
Many new members publish some photos and then they stop
I think this site should be evolved
For example organize photos Contest, subject to a vote by an independent jury to avoid favoritism among members
This project could attract new members and encourage the ancients to post pictures
Why not?
Old 05-10-2015, 10:07 AM

Any suggestion which requires action to make changes to the site, i.e. new features etc is likely to be turned down by the site owners. We all see how long it takes to fix anything which goes wrong and that's probably a fair indicator of their level of interest.
How long is it since the 'Features Photos' changed?
Old 05-10-2015, 04:49 PM
TE Expert

Default Solution

No need for changes on the site
There is a tool that already exists
themes
The admins create a named group of theme Photo contest with in introduction the rules and the subject and every members are allowed to post one picture
Old 08-26-2015, 03:05 AM
TE Senior Member

Default Death throes

Like Nero playing his lute whilst Rome burned, here too we watch and await the inevitable- more members leaving as they look in dismay at how inactive TE has become and they wonder why bother posting images when people are walking out.
The newbies are lost without guidance and have little idea on how to write a critique. (I found the policy of posting a few good critiques on the home page a guide for me as a newcomer, but that part has disappeared long ago.)

Something definitely needs to happen if we are to stop the haemorrhage (sorry for mixed metaphors). The ones who have left are not coming back so I propose to amalgamate TE, TNature and TLens into one vibrant site where the three different TOS can apply to relevant genres posted and in that way not so many photos will end up in the bin and not so many members will be discouraged and feel unwanted.
Of course changes need motivation, and I can see one major one for the owners of the site- DO NOTHING AND YOUR SITE WILL BECOME NOTHING.
Old 08-26-2015, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daddo View Post
?..I propose to amalgamate TE, TNature and TLens into one vibrant site where the three different TOS can apply to relevant genres posted and in that way not so many photos will end up in the bin and not so many members will be discouraged and feel unwanted.
Of course changes need motivation, and I can see one major one for the owners of the site- DO NOTHING AND YOUR SITE WILL BECOME NOTHING.
Hi Klaudio,

I am not sure an amalgam of the 3 T sites will help... TRekLens was created and meant to be such a site where the TOS was more accessible, very few deactivations, and open for every genre but what is happening here on TE happens there too and even more stronger than here.
In fact is TE with the more strict rules the only one still living... How come?

Viviane
Old 08-27-2015, 12:11 AM
TE Senior Member

Default Quoi Faire?

Bonjour Viviane.I don't know much about the past history of the other two, but perhaps TE always had a solid base and it's taking longer to die. I still think that if the other two boats are sinking, we should transfer the survivors onto ours and so bring some versatility and possible renewed interest. It is bothersome for a person who may belong to more than on site to jump from one to the other and with the inclusion of TLens I think a whole new vista will open up. Anyway, I somehow think that the writing is on the wall for all three unless something innovative happens. N'est ce pas?