Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great holmertz 2019-06-18 2:18

Hello Jorge,
During my journey even credit cards were unheard of, and nobody could imagine paying anything with a smartphone in China. All foreigners had to buy FEC (Foreign exchange certificate), a special currency with an exchange rate that made everything more expensive. So of course all tourists would try to change money illegally to get the cheaper Renminbi that the Chinese themselves used.
As for this photo it's very interesting to see these strangely shaped snacks, but some of them could be hard to identify. Did you always know what you were buying? I appreciate that you included a salesman in the photo.
Regards,
Gert

Old 06-18-2019, 09:35 AM
TE Expert

Default To holmertz: food

gert

I am very conservative in terms of food and I only tasted a sweet in this market, it was a small ball filled with nitrogen or something like this and when I ate it my nose throw out a big amount of steam, like I was a dragon. the taste wasn't special it was nice foto photos and the movie is in my FB. anyway I thought it was only a sweet and it was more than this.
take care

jorge