Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 09-21-2015, 03:00 PM
TE Newbie

Default TrekEarth issue

I think this website has been hacked. Someone imposed a hyperlink on a word in the text under one of the photos I uploaded. When I clicked on the link, something took over my computer with a loud message that it had just been infected with a virus and that I had to call a certain number to get it removed. I was unable to shut down my computer properly. Since I tried but wasn't able to get rid of the hyperlink--even when I substituted the word on which it had been found, I have decided to try deleting the photo.
Old 09-22-2015, 08:49 PM
Administrator

That's not a hack, that is a common form of advertising.
Old 09-24-2015, 07:23 AM
TE Junior Member

That's a very bad one, very disturbing.
Old 10-01-2015, 12:51 PM
TE Expert

Post Wird Things Going On

Hi there, having read the previous posts, I just want to let you know what's happened to me.

On some photos, when I go to write a critique, the keyboard freezes or will type things that I did not type. Also, the switching between member's photos and critiques is really slow. I really think you guys have some security issues and/or that all your advertising is affecting the viability of the site. It's really bad and needs to be fixed.

Cheers
Lisa
Old 10-02-2015, 12:56 AM
Administrator

Please provide a link to a photo where this is happening, and more details about what you are doing and what is happening.

Also, provide your browser type and version, device type if mobile, and be sure you have run your AV program, cleared your cache and TE cookies, and have no browser plugins running.
Old 10-25-2015, 03:33 AM
TE Expert

Cool Adblock

I have Chrome Adblock extension to remove all publicity
Old 10-31-2015, 04:16 AM
TE Expert

Post Hacked

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBobi View Post
Please provide a link to a photo where this is happening, and more details about what you are doing and what is happening.

Also, provide your browser type and version, device type if mobile, and be sure you have run your AV program, cleared your cache and TE cookies, and have no browser plugins running.
Ibobi

It's happening on every photo I've critiqued today. Look at it yourself, I can't give you the link. TE is the only site it's happening on. I have the latest AV, I clear the cookies every day when I scan. Your site needs sorting out.

Lisa
Old 11-01-2015, 03:29 AM

Ciao Lisa. I've been active on the site in the last 24 hours and have not observed any of the phenomena you've mentioned. It does sound to me like something amiss at your end, rather than the site. Can't see anything wrong with any of your critiques going back 3 days. The first thing I would try is another browser. Preferably one you've just downloaded and installed, and made sure all the 'extensions' or 'add-ons' are disabled. I suppose the well-known one least likely to be on your computer is Opera, so if you haven't got it, give it a birl and see if the problem recurs. The second thing to try is a different computer, preferably one which you haven't used for TE before.
Andrew
Old 11-01-2015, 06:32 AM
TE Junior Member

I had the problem too but I can't see it anymore. But I had the problem only on TE, so I don't think this is because of browser. Maybe the site was infected by a malware ?
Old 11-01-2015, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chawax View Post
I had the problem too but I can't see it anymore. But I had the problem only on TE, so I don't think this is because of browser. Maybe the site was infected by a malware ?
Hi Olivier.
Well, let's see if it was a temporary problem or one which returns. So far, I think only a few people seem to have reported this problem.

Tags
hacked, hyperlink, virus