Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 05-18-2009, 08:01 PM
TE Newbie

Default Many points for bad photos

Hello together,
Iīve to say that itīs really getting on my nerves that the worst photos get the most points. One reason is that many photographers are friends or from the same country. But I think thats not the ambition of TE. The quality should be the main reason. And I think itīs not helpfull if you say a photo is "perfect" if itīs quite bad. What do you think ?
Old 05-18-2009, 11:26 PM
TE Expert

Default Re: Many points for bad photos

I think you should dig, spend a lot of time here and find those - and there are many - who are in different moments in the learning process.

As for the "getting on the nerves", weel, I have been posting for 5 years now and I have seen many many talented photographers who arrived, showed their work, were generous enough to teach and give their tips on how to improve images then moved on. Others are still here. Others talk on the forum more than post etc etc. Thus, the challenge here is to learn how to cope with such diversity in tastes and expectations ours and the othersī.

I can only tell you you wonīt find on the net such a complete site like this. AS many stuff in life, how to deal with this site is an option.

Warmest regards,

Isabel
Old 05-19-2009, 12:20 AM
TE Senior Member

Well spoken Isabel, I couldn't agree more...

Manuel, use the possibility to turn off i.e. to not display any points. I recently tried it for a while and noticed an increased "peace of mind".

Best regards,
Kaj
Old 05-19-2009, 04:46 AM
TE Expert

hi Isabel

Very respectable comments and you summarised your good experience of 5 yrs here very nicely in few words. I like that. Cheers, bill
Old 05-19-2009, 04:50 AM
TE Expert

.I have already seen Isabel's gallery and her long contributions to TE
.now I see Manuel and kaj both have good gallery of photos.

So keep moving and posting/critique, regardless of the rating problems.

cheers, bill
Old 05-19-2009, 07:02 AM
TE Senior Member

..Manuel,think that you must be first to not give points for bad photos.btw,what means for you bad photos?:)give us,por favor a definition:)

best wishes,
Flori:)

(A friendly reminder to all whom are a part of this thread- please do not mention member names or specific photos in a negative light or we will need to lock/ remove the thread. Kind Regards - Mod)
Old 05-19-2009, 11:59 AM
TE Newbie

hi!

so, thats what its about in ALL communities. I for myself recognized, that if you are more interested in fotos of the others, the more comments you get. so, as I don't have the time to comment so much, I don't have many points on my fotos. hope I can change this soon. but believe me. there are communities where the ratingsystem is REALLY kind of abused, believe me.

have a nice day

wolf
Old 05-19-2009, 02:52 PM
TE Expert

Such a new and interesting topic. points. People "not deserving" getting it. People "deserving" not getting it.

Very interesting, and new...

but seriously, who cares??

??

MC
Old 05-19-2009, 05:07 PM
TE Expert

I was thinking exactly that, Marc... these topics about points X bad/good photos are so outdated, they should be considered obsolete. If they bring us nothing new, no new suggestions, I think the thread should be locked, erased or transferred elsewhere, I don't know... well, of course, at the discretion of moderators.
Docarmo
Old 05-19-2009, 05:10 PM
TE Expert

well, mods suggested a good way to have this thread locked (read higher in the thread, bold letters): mention specific photos or members in a negative light ;)
MC