Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great designsoul 2007-02-14 8:19

Hi Mike! I was wondering when you'd post your first one from here. I love this one. Dynamic and a clearly cool shot (in every sense of the word) of the Parliament. The blurry pedestrian is a must... and the lights, the subtle transition in the clear sky, is very fine.
look so much forward to your Ottawa shots! How did they turn out???
(I had to take my Nikon to service, condensation... @#$%^&!@@#!!!) Hopefully it has recovered...
sasa

Old 02-15-2007, 04:46 AM
TE Junior Member

Default To designsoul: Oh dear!

Hi Sasa,

I had a wonderful time on Saturday meeting you and your friends, it's a shame I could only make it up to Ottawa now at the end of my Canadian trip. I do have a couple from Saturday and I'll put them up over the next few days on TE. Do you have anything from Saturday?

Sorry to hear about your camera and the condensation, I do hope there's nothing too serious and it is servicable again soon!

I haven't encountered any technical problems from that weekend and I haven't done anything especially for condensation-- just left the camera in the bag for a bit when moving between warm and cold places with the zipper slightly open to let the air mix slowly. If the camera is wet from rain or snow I try to remove that with a dry cloth or something before putting it away. The lens surfaces do fog up but I don't ever wipe them down, I just ignore everything until all signs of moisture disappear. I'm going to be extra careful this week though-- I don't want it to break down just before I go overseas again!!!

Mike
Old 02-16-2007, 12:12 AM
TE Expert

Default Re: To designsoul: Oh dear!

Thankfully all's well that ends well. The guy in the camera store had to wipe the sensor three times to get some stuff off. In the meantime I thought of calling the ambulance :)
I am very glad we met and just wish we could have spent more time shooting. But Saturday was much fun, in spite of the bloody cold! :-) I so look forward to your shots, I am still not too sure of mine, but might post a few. Haha, I have noticed you have a new profile shot, and guess what's behind! :-)
I might supply you with a few more of you, haha! I have one you can send your grandmother, remember, in the ice sculpture, with your smily face looking out :-)
Anyhow, take care, and come again. Hopefully we will have more time then. But I/we had a nice time on Saturday. BTW, did you like Paris Texas?
ciao,
sasa