Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great designsoul 2007-02-05 12:41

H A H A H A !!!
Love this reinstatement of your ego, Peter, do not deny your pride!
And besides the note (you are complaining about balmy -15? How about Ottawa's minus 35 with windchill today, with frostbite warning??? :-), I ADORE this shot dearly, the warm hues, the sensuousness of the bokeh in the front glass as well as the blurry beautiful woman in the back as if her presence were casting that lovely light on the reflective surface of the table. Super work, hope you had much fun. Mike said he'd be interested in coming to Ottawa... should I warn him about the temperature, you think? (What temperature can a camera still function in? I am already showing signs of cold turkey, not being able to carry it around in this freeze. Do you know what would be the limit or how to handle the problem? I cannot feed it with whiskey...)
Keep warm Peter
sasa
sasa

Old 02-06-2007, 01:54 AM
TE Expert

Default To designsoul: yes, I am all that;-)

Sasa, Mike is just itching to go to Ottawa, I would love to join but maybe another time, tell you what, we both want to see your secret of being able to see all those beautifull shapes all the time, Mike promised to forward to me everything you share with him. Our Mikey has learnt that when it gets below -10 he should stay home and drink hot chocolate;-)
I will tell you a secret, but promise not to tell anyone, the girl really offered us drinks, however she offered drinks to everyone in the pub as part of Jack Daniels promotions, so perhaps I am not as charming as I thought;-)
Keep warm as well, I told Mike Ottawa is usually colder than TO, he was ready to change his travel plans the minute he heard that.
Old 02-06-2007, 01:56 AM
TE Expert

Default Re: To designsoul: yes, I am all that;-)

btw, my camera seems to be fine but the battery drains pretty fast, think Alex's (randomcameraguy), is just about to say final farewell to his equipment though.
Peter
Old 02-06-2007, 06:01 PM
TE Expert

Quite a frightening prospect! I am not ready to say final farewell to my little Nikon... I have heard that putting your cam. in a plastic bag before getting into the warm air can save it from condensation.
Too bad you cannot make it to this effervescent metropolis. Well, we still could do something one day, perhaps the "Canadian contingent", for a TE meeting in one of our cities (TO, Ottawa, or Mtrl). I hope I can show some places to Mike still, but in this freeze, how we will go about it, we shall see :-)
Elaine (Everlasting) has already gone through the test last winter... with flying colours!
ciao
sasa
Old 02-08-2007, 02:23 PM
TE Junior Member

Oh I learned my lesson from last Sunday... I've been bedridden for the last two days with the flu! I'm supposed to be in Ottawa right now!

Alas, I've had to postpone my journey until Friday but I'm definitely going to be there this weekend. I have lost my "devil-may-care" attitude towards the cold and now have a hard-earned respect for it.

As for the camera, these little Nikons seem to be a wee bit tougher than they look; mine worked fine all freezing Sunday, no battery issues, and has been soaked in Montreal (that blue foggy shot wasn't comfortable to make!). I keep forgetting though that the D70 isn't an FM2 and isn't going to just absorb whatever nonsense I throw at it...

Mike