photo wrongly removed - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 11-20-2008, 03:31 PM
TE Newbie

Default photo wrongly removed

I had posted a picture of a stray/street cat with her kitten sitting on a car parked on the road.I had clearly written in my note that its a street cat and went on to describe the difficulties a street cat in Mumbai has to undergo to raise its litter.

I was surprised to receive a mail from the moderator that the photo has been removed because it violets the terms of trekearth as no family members or pets photo are allowed.A rule which I know.

The cat was not my pet,nor my family member.I wrote out the mail with my own paws (sorry..hands)to the moderator about this,but no reply.

I am a member on both trekearth and treklens for last 3 years now and fully know that pets and family member photos are to be posted on treklens.

I was rather surprised at this sudden lapse in standards on the part of the moderators.

Nitin
Old 11-20-2008, 03:51 PM
TE Junior Member

Default Re: photo wrongly removed

It doesn't matter, rules are rules:

TOS

Certain types of photos are prohibited on TrekEarth and will be removed:
Nude photographs unless the nudity is intrinsically related to an event such as a regional festival, daily living, or the like.
Photographs of family, friends, or pets (not only one's own).

I don't saw this photo but TE is not a place for pets (cats, dogs...)

Regards
Old 11-20-2008, 04:06 PM
TE Junior Member

Hello Aleksander,

Sorry but that is not true. There are hundreds of photos picturing stray cats on TE. Stray cats are a valid as any other documentary photos about the Earth on TE. Just search for the word cat. As "isabela_sor" pointed out, what you must do is to accompany the picture with a documentary note.

The problem are not the stray cats here. The problem is the confusion of some moderators on TE and their arbitrary policy.

Take care
Nuno
Old 11-20-2008, 04:45 PM
TE Expert

Nitin,

as I said a lot of time before, TE needs rules to stay what it is and rules needs moderators to be respected. But this said, you have to know one thing about TE moderation policy: moderators are just like policemen. If they say you are wrong, then you are wrong. Ne need to ask for explanations, no need to open a thread to complain. That's the way it is. We all have to keep that in mind and to live with... That's the price to pay...

Take care and go on posting photos,

Loc
Old 11-20-2008, 04:52 PM
TE Newbie

Hello Aleksander,

I know rules are rules.I also know that trekearth won't allow pictures of pets.

As I have said in my post and I repeat that i had written a note saying that the cat is a street cat.

Nitin
Old 11-20-2008, 05:23 PM
TE Junior Member

Hi Nitin,
Unfotrunatelly we don't saw this picture so we can't discuss about it. My hint - don't post here photos of cats, dogs or hamsters, even not yours. When you fell harm write an e-mail to the administrator and wait. When he don't answers maybe he is busy (he's only a human) or simply you are simply wrong.

Regards
Old 11-20-2008, 06:30 PM
TE Expert

Aleksander Liebert wrote:
"My hint - don't post here photos of cats, dogs or hamsters, even not yours."
==========================================

well then, according to your suggestion photo like this should also be removed
http://www.trekearth.com/gallery/photo232602.htm

I really wonder what has became of this site in the last little while.
Old 11-20-2008, 07:42 PM
TE Expert

The same case happens to me yesterday and again: today.. I've posted the shot of a dog sitting in the pub in NY. A dog was perfectly unknown, let's say it was wild.. even if it wasn't I treated him as element of natural NY enviroment which I've been trying to portrait for three weeks time.

Contacted "moderator" 5 times now with the explanation a dog wasn't mine and that animals are one of the most common "moving objects" at the street and if you, as I, deal with "street photography", you simply can't avoid showing one, moreover, I don't see any logical reason to do so.

I did't get any answer in result, and feel the same - devastated that after 3 years of posting pics here I am treated with such a lack of respect. A dialogue with "authorities" simply doesn't exist here what resembles me arogant behaviour sad memories of totatlitarian reality.

I'd like to underline that we are not forced to be here. We are doing it to share - giving really a lot from ourselves and I am sure that we deserved to be treated fair, but in fact, we aren't.

Sth really bad is going on here now.. When unjustice becomes a rule there is no any sense to go ahead with.

Agnieszka
Old 11-20-2008, 07:55 PM
TE Expert

ah, i love TE...
if we had elliott erwitt as a member here, he would definitely be unable to post some of his best photos...

...as if dogs and cats are out of this world...

deniz
Old 11-20-2008, 08:24 PM
TE Junior Member

Hello Aleksander,

You say "My hint - don't post here photos of cats, dogs or hamsters, even not yours".

Sorry, but why do you insist in defending something that is clearly wrong, as if moderators were always right? The fact that they are moderators and humans too, does not give them the right to behave in a despotic and arrogant way toward members that contribute for the existence of this site.

Regards