Where would you go! - Page 12 - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 03-07-2007, 08:10 PM
TE Newbie

Default Re: Where would you go!

As long as there are no travel restrictions, Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia. I am currently working on a photo essay on the Hmong people in the San Joaquin Valley of California and how they have become enculturated in American life - and how they have blended American culture with their own. It would be awesome to travel to their home of origin and see the contrast between their homeland and their adopted homeland.

Cheers,
Kevin
Old 03-07-2007, 08:13 PM
TE Junior Member

"1000 Places to See Before You Die" from Patricia Schultz and I had written a top 100 list about place I would like to see and looking foward to get to know the people and the country better ... N.K. is not in the top hundred.

Best wishes
Achim
Old 03-07-2007, 11:44 PM
TE Expert

....what about India again....and again..........and well........again.....?
Old 03-08-2007, 12:11 AM
TE Expert

Yeah...!
There are already about 1.1 bilion people in there...
What they are bloody missing is Kevin R. !!!!!!

Hellllo !!!
Old 03-08-2007, 12:23 AM
TE Expert

.....I'm never going again....I already decided......the place would collapse with 1.1 billion people ....and one...... I didn't mean me...but Luko seems to have got the bug with two trips in as many months.....

..so instead for my sins I'm off to China on Friday morning......see ya George.......

...another 'free ticket' but no choice on the destination.....or the task......but who am i to complain!

Kevin R. !!!!!!!
Old 03-08-2007, 12:44 AM
TE Expert

Approved...
China's good !
They can use every pair of hands and strong shoulders at those gigantic Olympics construction sites...
The TE community looks at you with hope and adoration, Kev.
What an example...What a man !!!! What a member...!!!!!
Please write to us from there...

Love and worship
g.

--------------------------
Luko…Possibly he left behind a pair of dark, dreamy eyes out there during his first visit…?
When you look at those photos of Indian women on TE…??????
On shiny, red lacquered toes of Shiva… That could be IT !!!!
Old 03-08-2007, 01:16 AM
TE Senior Member

Hi Kevin,
I read a bit on this thread, and you seem to be keen on going to pretty much every country cited here ;-) BUT IF THERE WAS ONLY ONE, which one would it be?
Are the winning entries of the competition you organised shown on the web? if yes where?
Have a good time in China!
Nicolas
Old 03-08-2007, 01:32 AM
TE Expert

hahaha!!!

That's fine i could always do with a bit of hope and adoration...but as an Olympic village construction worker....oh well whatever life throws up I guess...not ready for the armchair just yet......the expression "What a man !!!! What a member...!!!!!" would immediately be recognised in the UK as an expression of ....well not to be impolite.....endowment below the belt.....but as I know...even in jest you would never do or focus overlong on anything below the belt (well actually reading your intro again there arer some things but perhaps I ought ot move on) - I guess you are just experiencing that overwhelming love that comes over TE members (in the collective sense of human beings) from time to time .......as it is your love is accepted but save your worship for whatever really turns you on....doesn't it begin with "womens' soft breasts".......hey maybe you've got something there.....it kind of really does begin there doesn't it........I'll drink a toast with you to that George......to the miracle of soft and suckling breasts of mothers everywhere..........may their offspring forever bathe in the milk of human kindness....

......as for that Luko - well who knows......she would have to be a woman with long arms to embrace him down in Tamil Nadu all the way from Rajastan....but then these long (and many) armed Indian women..........

Well apologies in advance if there is no writing..or even no further action from me on TE - life is taking so many new turns I cannot see too far beyond the next corner right now....

If I see one I'll pass on your regards to a panda...

tc Kev
Old 03-08-2007, 01:40 AM
TE Expert

Hi Nicolas - well when I asked the question - where we actually chose was Vancouver and that's where I went again a couple of months later.........I thought it was an amazing place and could well imagine living there.....but my heart and imagination and excitement as a photographer has seriously caught the bug of India.....so I guess where I'd really like to go is the vast unknown of central Russia and of course Ghana.........!!!! I'm not helping am I..........

........OK - focus.........Armenia I think.

bw Kev
Old 03-08-2007, 01:43 AM
TE Expert

Hi Steve - well after expressing interest in just about everywhere people have mentioned here I went for Armenia ...but the thought before that one was Antartica.....I flew over Greenland in daylight last year for the first time and was just completely blown away by the scale of that vast white wilderness......Antartica.....well........I think that's a great choice Steve...

bw Kev