Where would you go! - Page 13 - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 03-08-2007, 01:48 AM
TE Expert

Default Re: Where would you go!

...or possibly Haiti - i have a very old friend there trying to bring some peace between street gangs......trying despite just about everyone else seemingly working to make it difficult for him.....I guess going to see and work with him pulls me in that direction.....can't you see i want a ticket right now that takes me everywhere!!!!!!.......no focus....I'll stick with Armenia!!!
Old 03-08-2007, 01:02 PM
TE Junior Member

- New England States
- Quebec and Atlantic Canada
- South Africa
- Various Greek Islands
- Eastern Turkey
- India
- Iran
- Australia
Old 03-08-2007, 01:05 PM
TE Junior Member

I think I'd go to Japan, and to somewhere in latin america...

Japan due to their history and culture, and latin america due to the culture and the colorfull people and exotic places. (To me anyways...)

- Halgeir
Old 03-12-2007, 05:46 AM
TE Newbie

I'd go to Rwanda. It is an amazing country that has survived so much. I like the language (Kinyarwanda) too! Then I'd go to Afghanistan/Uzbekistan/Tajikistan- I have met so many incredible people from these places. The photos posted here from those places are very inspiring. I'd also like to go to Nepal, Cambodia, Thailand, India, Senegal, Spain, Guatemala, Bolivia, and all over Eastern Europe... Ah, anywhere would be nice!
Old 03-15-2007, 07:04 PM
TE Newbie

Wow, this thread has been going on for a long time, hasn't it?
I didn't have the time to read every post but there are a lot of unusual suggestions here.
I wonder if anyone's mentioned the slightly more mainstream USA national parks? Canyonlands, Arches, Goblin, Yellowstone, Monument valley, etc. All within short reach of one another, and just one plane ticket, which I believe was the original specification ;)
Andy.
Old 03-16-2007, 07:38 PM
TE Senior Member

I'd say Tubattaha, Red Sea and the Great Barrier Reef
Old 03-16-2007, 08:47 PM
TE Expert

Hi Kev,

short answer: Antartica!!! without any doubt:D
I guess you'll need my address to send the tickets:DI'm sending you an e-mail to rule out details:D

But there are so many other places: Argentina, Chile, Peru, Canadian Rockies, Madagascar, Tanzania, Iceland, Greenland, India, Tibet...and it goes on and on...

Nice thread, thanks for the dreaming...back to work now:D

Marc
Old 03-17-2007, 05:26 AM
TE Newbie

Tahiti. It's as different from nyc, I imagine, as I could get. I admit I'd be hoping to see the Tahiti Gaugin saw. I

Next: Hong Kong. My favorite cousin, who has traveled extensively and to exotic places (he works on natural gas pipelines) says that Hong Kong is his favorite city - really alive, 24 hours a day. And I'd find lots of English speakers, which would make life easier.
Old 03-17-2007, 07:58 AM
TE Junior Member

My favorite place so far for photos was Cambodia. Eye opening - I discovered I love taking street and candid shots. But I'm heading for Morocco next week, so maybe it'll be a whole new world yet again. Except for the different perspective on photography, as I understand. So learning all over again. I'll just be glad to not be working so much for awhile really.

I need to spend more time photographing my wife's home country of Australia when we go back to visit. I need to get one really good shot for her to keep.

But - I most want to *travel* to Bhutan for that end of the world feel, while I most want to *photograph* India
Old 03-21-2007, 06:27 AM
TE Junior Member

Mexico