To macondo: Hello, Andrew - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great macondo 2009-09-16 6:28

Greetings Isabel.
Many thanks for dedicating to me this mysterious photo, and for the passage about the yellow butterflies of bad luck and the scorpions and desperate Fernanda. I must read the book again, for the third time!
The photo itself is a delight, with the girl behind the lovely coloured rug seeming to play the part of a yellow butterfly. Lyrical, really. I like the shadow, the silhouette, the water glinting in the sunlight. The scene has a magical quality that could be from a Marquez novel. Have you read his autobiography? It is like another novel!
Thank you again for thinking of me. I hope all goes well for you.
Kind regards,
Andrew

Old 09-16-2009, 10:28 PM
TE Expert

Default To macondo: Hello, Andrew

Wen I saw the image near the fall, it took me seconds to see the character. Also, because I know you like the book and the place, I thought you would like it. I am glad you did!

I have read Cien Aos de Soledad five times when i was young. El Amor en los Tiempos de Colera three. My studies took me elsewhere in terms of reading, but now that i am mature :) its time to read it again. And GGMs autobiography, because now i am curious.

Best regards to you!
Hugs,

Isabel