To kasianowak: grown - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great kasianowak 2020-01-15 9:54

Hi Gert
When I looked at the WS photo I thought: "Gert put this in WS cos there are not enough people and the only one is too far away". Only then I read your note. :-) But it's still a very nice photo, especially for the colours.
Here, indeed, you could have shot them in the back without asking. ;-) I still ask the question much too often. And the problem is not so much that the subject starts looking at the camera but them showng thumbs up or the V sign.
Sanliurfa and Gaziantep are two places I really wanted to visit on the way to Erbil but didn't have enough time. They may have grown but I don't think the character has changed as much as in the more touristy cities.
Best wishes
Kasia

Old 01-15-2020, 07:28 PM
TE Expert

Default To kasianowak: grown

Thank you Kasia,
The cities have all grown but they probably don't get too many foreign tourists because of their closeness to Syria and Islamic State activities etc. But these photos have made me a bit eager to go back. Who knows what may happen if I get my travelling spirit back. ;-)
Best wishes,
Gert