Nachtwey on his photography (video) - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 08-19-2007, 05:02 AM
TE Expert

Default Nachtwey on his photography (video)

A terrific, if reflective, 20 minutes speech from the war photographer James Nachtwey, commenting on his 25 years of bearing witness to the world, while showing his pictures. I got this from reading the blog of another photojournalist, Aga Luczakowska, who featured the video in her blog.

minuteshttp://static.videoegg.com/ted/flash/fullscreen.html?v=/ted/movies/JAMESNACHTWEY-2007&cid=/ted/movies
Old 08-19-2007, 05:04 AM
TE Expert

Default correct URL

sorry, here's the URL:

http://static.videoegg.com/ted/flash/fullscreen.html?v=/ted/movies/JAMESNACHTWEY-2007&cid=/ted/movies
Old 09-30-2007, 01:38 PM
TE Senior Member

Default Re: correct URL

(... goose bumps)
not easy to watch/listen but one can't help thinking what is in his head/heart - how can watching/practically living through these events change you as a human being, what do you feel/think/fear/wait or hope for? ... is there anything? what can one do? (don't mind me - just wondering here)
his photographs are as human as can get - (i think) this is photography but if this is photography everything else is just a shallow attempt to ... what?
brilliant link - thanks!
dora

i have the 2001 war photgrapher but couldn't make myself watch it up until now, guess i'll do that - tomorrow