Questions about the new site? Ask here...

You're on Page 1 of 9
Go to
  • Hi everyone;

Although I don't claim to be an expert of any sorts- I personally haven't experienced any of the troubles others seem to have.

If you have a question (pertaining to the new TE functionality)- post it here and I'll do my best to answer each.

Cheers,
    - Dan
  • Re: Questions about the new site? Ask here...
    Hey Dan!

I was having problems uploading this afternoon from my windows machine, but when I got home and tried on my mac it worked fine. Are the problems people are reporting with uploads mostly OS related or was that just me?

MP
    I posted a reply to one of your critiques in my gallery. You will probably receive an e-mail announcing it. If you are able to see my reply in the new TE version, please, tell me what how.
    In the old version, no problem.
    Hope to hear from you soon,
    Docarmo
    hi dan

i could see my favorites' latest posts and their latest comments before... not anymore?...

workshops are not "useful" anymore?...

i may come back with other questions later on, thanks...

korkut
    This new TE is terrible....on the old site, new pics uploaded would be viewed several times per day regardless of the quality or popularity of the photo....here, photos' are not being viewed as people dont want to go hunting.

i've posted a new photo hours ago, which still hasn't been viewed. I'm sure others have experienced the same.

I hope we all get the OLD TE back
    I have noticed the exposure infos of the picture without exif data are not displayed anymore in the new site

example :

On the old site page we can see the exposure is F7/1 1/500s

http://beta.trekearth.com/gallery/photo1078280.htm

But in the new site, nothing is there...

http://www.trekearth.com/gallery/photo1078280.htm

Marilyn
    No good without the total points and title of the photo in thumbnail.
    Unbalance between horizontal and vertical format photos while display in thumbnail. Can show it like old TE?
  • to Michael...
    Hi Michael;

I only see what you guys do here in the forums, so unsure of what people have been reporting to TE management.
    I haven't tried uplading anything in the past 14hrs, so I cannot comment myself. That's a bit more of a tech question for the development staff, but I'll definately let you know if I have any problems from my Mac at home (when I finish work).

Cheers,
    - Dan
  • Re: Questions about the new site? Ask here... (decarmo)
    Hi Maria;

To see replies to your photos (and your forum discussions)> on the brown header bar, click on 'Account' to take you to your main page. Then click on the 'Discussions' tab to see all your discussions and replies for both photos and forums.
    Hope this helps!
    - Dan
  • Re: Questions about the new site? Ask here... (decarmo)
    Hi Maria;

You are right... I can see the reply you sent me in your discussions tab, but not in mine. I have reported the problem to them.

Thanks!
    - Dan